Allan On Bench, Transfer Request &hibs Renege On Verbal Deal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubs have been so adamant that they won't sell him to us so I can't see it happening. We will just have to get him on a pre contract in January, I reckon

Which makes it more enjoyable in a way,Hibs: we won't sell to Rangers MSM: Celtic to launch£500-000 bid for Allan, Scott Allan I will sign pre contract in January Hivs get he haw the bheast ploy to cost us money goes tits up and so the fight back against the haters continues.

Tbh, I still don't think he's worth anymore than £100k tops. When he came on to day he did nothing, so I'd wait and get him for free on a re-contract, it'd also give us a few weeks to keep an eye on whether or not as season was an exception rather the the norm. I'd love to see Hib's splash the cash on a replacement only to find out we were going to wait till January and sign him on a pre-contract.

Tbh, I still don't think he's worth anymore than £100k tops. When he came on to day he did nothing, so I'd wait and get him for free on a re-contract, it'd also give us a few weeks to keep an eye on whether or not as season was an exception rather the the norm. I'd love to see Hib's splash the cash on a replacement only to find out we were going to wait till January and sign him on a pre-contract.

:lol:

SCOTT ALLAN is now at war with Hibs as they stand firm over a move to Rangers.

MailSport understands that Allan’s representatives were embroiled in a heated, two-hour meeting at Easter Road last night following Gers’ 6-2 Petrofac Cup win.

They are unhappy because they allege that a verbal agreement between the 23-year-old and 
the club is now being reneged on by Hibs.

When Allan signed as a free agent last summer they claim it was acknowledged that if a bigger club made a bid for him, Hibs would not stand in his way.

MailSport understands that 
compromise was reiterated to the player midway through the season with Allan in sparkling form.

But the Edinburgh club are now adamant that he won’t be sold to Championshiprivals Rangers, who have already had two bids for the playmaker rejected.

After yesterday’s game Stubbs said: “Probably the best way to settle this is I’ll answer one question on Scott Allan.

“It’s three words. Not. For. Sale.

“I’m not going to keep answering questions on it at all whatsoever. So this is put to bed now.

“He has one year left on his 
contract and we said two months ago, Scotty said two months ago, that he will see how the season goes and he can go for nothing at the end of the season.

“He can sign a pre-contract in January. These are his options and he will have some very good options as well if he sticks it out.”

VIEW GALLERYJS68862548.jpg

Rangers’ second offer of £250,000 was thrown out and the Ibrox club are now weighing up a third bid which could go in this week.

Although all communication between Allan and Hibs has so far been verbalMailSport 
understands that a written transfer request will be submitted if Stubbs’ stance on the matter doesn’t change.

Allan has told Stubbs of his desire to join boyhood heroes Gers and he was left on the bench for 
yesterday’s cup tie.

The midfielder, who has been the subject of abuse on social media in the wake of the transfer saga, is keen to play for the club he has 
supported all his life.

He also wants to team up with good pal Andy Halliday – who scored for Rangers yesterday – as they’ve been close friends from the age of five.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton was coy on his club’s interest and insisted he sympathised with his opposite number.

He said: “Scott Allan’s not my player. If I was Alan Stubbs I would be irate.

“My job is to talk about the Rangers players and staff and as far as I know Scott Allan is not a Rangers player.”

“It’s disrespectful for me to even comment. It’s wrong to talk about any other clubs’ player. I will leave that to the powers that be.”

Asked if he was happy to see him benched, he added: “No, I think its disrespectful to the other players in the Hibs squad.”

I don't get the big deal about him. If he does sign for us then cool I'll welcome him to the club but no gonna be upset if we don't. Can't be that great if he starts on the bench in a cup game against us.

Ffs :lol:

He was a sib due to his mental state. He's the first name on the team sheet every week for them

I don't get the big deal about him. If he does sign for us then cool I'll welcome him to the club but no gonna be upset if we don't. Can't be that great if he starts on the bench in a cup game against us.

Would have been a starter had he not been dropped due to the big bad Rangers messing with his head.