Ditching A Cup

feda16

3 cups and a league is a lot to ask for with a smaller squad, I think we may have to play a weakened side in either one or two cups to minimise injury risks and keep players fresh. Although id love a cup run id sacrifice all 3 for a place in the premier league next season. Surely the youths have got to be in for a shout against lesser opponents of those who are equal to us? Just a thought....

3 cups and a league is a lot to ask for with a smaller squad, I think we may have to play a weakened side in either one or two cups to minimise injury risks and keep players fresh. Although id love a cup run id sacrifice all 3 for a place in the premier league next season. Surely the youths have got to be in for a shout against lesser opponents of those who are equal to us? Just a thought....

FFS man, we're Rangers. We play to win every completion we enter.

FFS man, we're Rangers. We play to win every completion we enter.

As much as i agree with that statement surely finding a balance is more important. Long term we need to win the league.

This year is in all likelyhood our last chance to win the Petrofac, I know most don't see it as an achievement, but the only reason I would love us to win it and the Championship title is that in winning these there is no domestic competition we would not have won and would be another World Record to add to the list.

This year is in all likelyhood our last chance to win the Petrofac, I know most don't see it as an achievement, but the only reason I would love us to win it and the Championship title is that in winning these there is no domestic competition we would not have won and would be another World Record to add to the list.

I agree, we will, hopefully, never have another chance to win the Challenge Cup, and it would be a black mark on our record, because We Are Rangers, and we have won every domestic honour available to win, except this one.

The way we've been knocked out of this competition in the past 3 attempts still haunts me. Beaten by QOTS on penalties, at home, after leading throughout. Getting to the final, then getting beat by Raith 1-0, AET, in a horrible final. Then last year, we were beating Alloa, comfortably, yet they come back and beat us 3-2, an absolute embarrassment. Maybe this trophy will never have our name on it, but we've got to try and win it, without costing us the League title.

Maybe this season is the season we right a few wrongs??? Let's hope so!!

If we don't try our best to win it then we shouldn't enter for the fucking thing. While the Petrofac is arguably at the bottom of our priorities, I am certain we have enough depth and quality to win both the League and the Petrofac, plus sneak a cup final appearance/win given a slice of luck.

If the 'Youth' are good enough for MW they will feature.

In two years time we will ( hopefully) be in the CL playoffs instead of petrifact cup - what do we drop them? at Rangers we need a squad that is capable of dealing with long cup runs and ( we hope) Europe - it is one area where I think MW will have to change his philosophy over time

The idea of a squad is to be able to compete in every fixture and set out to win it, regardless of the competition. If you have to prioritise fixtures to suit the squad, then your squad isn't strong enough.

Warburton has stated many times that he's building a strong squad not just a strong 11 or 14 and that his goal is to win every game.

I get what you're saying but we're just not going to do that, nor should we.

In two years time we will ( hopefully) be in the CL playoffs instead of petrifact cup - what do we drop them? at Rangers we need a squad that is capable of dealing with long cup runs and ( we hope) Europe - it is one area where I think MW will have to change his philosophy over time

Well if MWs philosophy gets us back to being in CL playoffs in 2 years time hopefully surely that philosophy is/has been working and maybe doesn't need changing.Just a thought but why fix something that isn't broken.