10 Biggest Unsung Heroes For Rangers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute quality.

We have a decent yong squad now, but you can look at all the top tier teams and my God, how the standard has fallen in Scotland. In our glory years under Souness and Smith and before, we have seen some top quality take to the filed at Ibrox. The scum, the sheep and the like also had some great players in former years, I just can't see such quality ever grace the football fields in Scotland again. We will go on to achieve great things again and soon, but the all round game is a step down from what we competed in previously. Our three year absence from the top flight has seen standards plummet. Quite sad really. Don't have the answer, but a revolution is needed to get money flowing in, but with the self serving carrots that we have running our game, it will never happen.

It is sad, you're right. I loved that time.

Damascus Beasley was a brilliant player in Europe for us. Just too lightweight for the Scottish game. Chris woods was a tremendous keeper the 3 fiddles rule in Europe spoiled his chances at Ibrox.

idiot.gif

That should read 8 diddies rule.

idiot.gif

Eight 'diddies' that got within a cheating French cunt of a Champions League final.

Chris Woods was ousted by none other than Andy Goram. Rangers best ever goalkeeper and the best 'diddy' of his generation - a world-class 'diddy.'

The seven other 'diddies' you refer to: Richard Gough, Stuart McCall, Ally McCoist, David Robertson, Ian Durrant, John Brown, Ian Ferguson, were (along with Goram) the integral members of a squad that achieved a little something known as Nine-in-a-Row.

Eight 'diddies' indeed.

I would have to conclude that the real diddy in this instance is you... And a prize one at that.

Marvin Andrews played on through cruciate ligament damage to help us to helicopter Sunday he kept us believing

Marvin is a legend. I honestly think he won that league for us, as weird as it might seem. He healed his own cruciate and is still playing pro football.

What a guy.

Absolute quality.

We have a decent yong squad now, but you can look at all the top tier teams and my God, how the standard has fallen in Scotland. In our glory years under Souness and Smith and before, we have seen some top quality take to the filed at Ibrox. The scum, the sheep and the like also had some great players in former years, I just can't see such quality ever grace the football fields in Scotland again. We will go on to achieve great things again and soon, but the all round game is a step down from what we competed in previously. Our three year absence from the top flight has seen standards plummet. Quite sad really. Don't have the answer, but a revolution is needed to get money flowing in, but with the self serving carrots that we have running our game, it will never happen.

Start by getting rid of the two cnuts Dungcaster and Rhegan. These two bastards have brought nothing to the game and taken out plenty in the form of cash bastards both of them.

Marvin Andrews played on through cruciate ligament damage to help us to helicopter Sunday he kept us believing

Guy is an inspiration to all of us. He put his faith in god, and he was repaid. No idea what was going through his head when he done that lol.

Will always have a huge love for the big man.

Guy is an inspiration to all of us. He put his faith in god, and he was repaid. No idea what was going through his head when he done that lol.

Will always have a huge love for the big man.

I hate slating the guy but that's not inspirational, it's stupid. He played through the pain and will probably be crippled for life soon. Cruciate's don't completely just heal themselfs no matter how strong your faith is. There will be issues underlying that will gub him later.

He's played about 140 games since he left us in the summer of 2006 which is about 14 a year due to his fitness.

Love him for what he done at Rangers that short time he was here but the minute he refused to get an operation he should have had his contract terminated (maybe that's the reason he was released shortly after)

I hate slating the guy but that's not inspirational, it's stupid. He played through the pain and will probably be crippled for life soon. Cruciate's don't completely just heal themselfs no matter how strong your faith is. There will be issues underlying that will gub him later.

He's played about 140 games since he left us in the summer of 2006 which is about 14 a year due to his fitness.

Love him for what he done at Rangers that short time he was here but the minute he refused to get an operation he should have had his contract terminated (maybe that's the reason he was released shortly after)

He played his part in our run in that resulted in Helicopter Sunday so I'm grateful we didn't get rid, at that time we weren't exactly blessed with better centre back options. Did his contract not just expire when he left the following year?

What you say there is right purely looking at it without any sentiment but I struggle with that considering what a brilliant end to the season that was with Marvin Andrews at the heart of it

From my own experience my cruciate gave me basically no pain or bother after I did it in.

I waited ten months before I had my operation on my one and the first couple of times my knee gave out after the initial injury happened (which was fucking agony) it was sore and swelled up but after that that there was basically no pain when my knee gave out from underneath me and it happened at least three or four times. I would just get up and carry on with whatever I was doing.

It'll cause you bother in the long run if you don't address it but there's loads of people who do them in, don't bother with the operation and function normally (an option I wish I'd taken) Mind you they aren't professional footballers :lol:

Absolute quality.

1985/1986 We had Cooper, Durrant, McCoist, Fleck,McMinn and Russell and could only finish 5th. Don't think any country in Europe has seen such a drop in standards as Scotland.