10 Biggest Unsung Heroes For Rangers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones I list arent exactly "unsung heroes" because they either didnt do a tremendous amount for us so dont really get much of a mention, or they were heroes but the fact that we have so many heroes they sometimes get forgotten.

Sasa Papac

Oleksiy Mykhaylychenko

Reyna

Tugay

Cannigia

Charlie Miller (probably just because I had a signed pic of him as a kid, dont really remember him playing)

Kyrgiakos

Klos

Hemdani

Darcheville

Got halfway through that list and gave up, most of them aren't unsung heroes :lol:

Davie Robertson was a hero, travesty that he only played 3 times for Scotland, I rate him more than Newman tbh.

Sasa Papac is a cult hero - nuff said.

Rod Wallace? Come on, anyone who underestimated his influence doesn't know much about Rangers.

Craig Moore was a rock as well before his Australia/Olympics fiasco.

Reyna was given plenty credit as well.

Jukebox I'd agree with.

Walters is another joke, the guy was dynamite and everyone knew it and still does.

Ian Ferguson? :lol:

John Brown I'd agree with, not the classiest of players but great at his job.

Stuart Munro was vastly underestimated, surrounded by much better players he just got on with things and was better than given credit for.

Erik Bo Anderson I would probably add in as well.

Got halfway through that list and gave up, most of them aren't unsung heroes :lol:

Davie Robertson was a hero, travesty that he only played 3 times for Scotland, I rate him more than Newman tbh.

Sasa Papac is a cult hero - nuff said.

Rod Wallace? Come on, anyone who underestimated his influence doesn't know much about Rangers.

Craig Moore was a rock as well before his Australia/Olympics fiasco.

Reyna was given plenty credit as well.

Jukebox I'd agree with.

Walters is another joke, the guy was dynamite and everyone knew it and still does.

Ian Ferguson? :lol:

John Brown I'd agree with, not the classiest of players but great at his job.

Stuart Munro was vastly underestimated, surrounded by much better players he just got on with things and was better than given credit for.

Erik Bo Anderson I would probably add in as well.

Cannot disagree with any of this. Stuart Munro was underestimated by everyone, kept seeing of signing after signing by Souness. It was a Rangers player (Gary Stevens) that effectively brought his time at Ibrox to an end through injury.

David Holmes he started the souness revolution

Alex Doddie McDonald rangers stalwart with no Scotland caps.

David Holmes for me too, most forward thinking Chairman & CEO we have had, certainly in my lifetime.

Without him & of course the money of the Marlboroughs we would never have had Souness & the English players like Butcher & co:

Who often forget David Robertson? If it wasn't for Numan, he'd easily be the best left back in my nearly 28 years on this planet.

For me .No one got past Davie Robertson .Numan was very good but not as good defensively as Davie .Numan maybe had the edge linking play up going forward .Robbo gets my best full back every day of the week

Some of them are ridiculous.

But then again, we had someone on here claiming Ian Ferguson wasn't a Rangers legend last week, despite being one of the most decorated players in Rangers history. :lol:

For me .No one got past Davie Robertson .Numan was very good but not as good defensively as Davie .Numan maybe had the edge linking play up going forward .Robbo gets my best full back every day of the week

It's all about opinions, Numan or Robertson, easily the best two left backs in my lifetime.

Papac wasn't an unsung hero either, he was more than appreciated.

When I think of unsung heroes, I think of someone like Hemdani, not many fans choose to remember him too much, but not many fans realise the importance he was to us, especially the season we reached a European final. He was an unsung hero that season.

Johanthan Johanson did well with wee Rod Wallace. Agree with most above - used to love when Davie Robertson came up against McNamamara when he was at celtic. Robbo put the wee tit firmly in his place.

seem to remember Sandy Robertson being key at end of one season.

Ugo Ehiougu was great for us with big Davie - who could forget that overhead kick......

good positive threads these days....lovin it

When I think of unsung heroes, I think of someone like Hemdani, not many fans choose to remember him too much, but not many fans realise the importance he was to us, especially the season we reached a European final. He was an unsung hero that season.

Always remember his screamer against them in the last minute at ibrox under leguen

Thats the way I look at it too, at the end of the day we have hundreds of heros that have played for us, even if they made a list of the 30 greatest Rangers there would be dozens of players left over who are considered greats. I see it more like "10 Great Rangers players who wouldnt make a top 10 list"

But if you look at the way people talk about John Brown or Davie Robertson these days compared with the way they talk about players like Weiss who barely done anything for us then you could say theyre unsing heros.

Thats the way I look at it too, at the end of the day we have hundreds of heros that have played for us, even if they made a list of the 30 greatest Rangers there would be dozens of players left over who are considered greats. I see it more like "10 Great Rangers players who wouldnt make a top 10 list"

But if you look at the way people talk about John Brown or Davie Robertson these days compared with the way they talk about players like Weiss who barely done anything for us then you could say theyre unsing heros.

Aye, but he could drink & twirl his blazer around his head...