Best Start For A New Signing...

Cam1872

Alright, first post.. Go easy.

Lot of chat just now around Tavernier's form so far. Early doors, but he does look like a great capture.

Got me thinking, who in your opinion has made the best impression after the fewest games when signing for us?

Mines would be Mols.. I genuinely thought after a few games he looked like he was a world beater.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One was Gazza.

I knew he was a big star when he signed but when you saw him on the ball it was incredible.

More recently it would have to be Mols like the OP, he looked top class in his first few games...remember him running riot against Motherwell.

Mols, he looked like a superstar, and I believe he would've been even more of a legend than he is if he didn't do his ligaments, we could have potentially won a European cup, he was that good. Easy to say that now mind you, but it was on the cards with him up top.

Easily the most talented player we've picked up IMO, and I include Laudrup/Gazza in that. Thse first few months of the season, I couldn't believe how good he was

Mols, he looked like a superstar, and I believe he would've been even more of a legend than he is if he didn't do his ligaments, we could have potentially won a European cup, he was that good. Easy to say that now mind you, but it was on the cards with him up top.

Easily the most talented player we've picked up IMO, and I include Laudrup/Gazza in that. Thse first few months of the season, I couldn't believe how good he was

The way he could turn with a ball and the speed he done it at was incredibleI had never seen anything like that before.

He was leaving defenders home and abroad dizzy on the ground before that injury.

He could have played in any team in Europe at that point, no doubt about it.

Oleg Kuznetsov looked unbelievable on his debut.

Thought he looked nothing more than OK tbh. Could see he was comfortable on the ball but was completely untested in that game IIRC (St Mirren) so couldn't really tell all that much.

The way he could turn with a ball and the speed he done it at was incredibleI had never seen anything like that before.

He was leaving defenders home and abroad dizzy on the ground before that injury.

He could have played in any team in Europe at that point, no doubt about it.

Agreed, a marvellous player, delighted to have seen him at his best if only for a short spell, when he returned he was still as classy, but didn't have the same turning speed.

Would love to watch someone like that again at Ibrox, the joy I had watching him, still got his DVD that I stick on from time to time.