Weiss Make Of It What U Want...

calzmcm

VLADIMIR WEISS would be open to a return to Rangers but only after seeking to dent Scotlands chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup finals.

The 25-year-old Slovak spent the 2010-2011 season at Rangers on loan from Manchester City, winning Premier League and League Cup medals.

Weiss, who has three years of his contract to run at Lekhwiya FC in Qatar, said of the 2010/11 season: This was the year I enjoyed the most in my career. It was such a great experience to play at Ibrox in front of those fans. It was amazing.

Weiss, who has also played for Bolton Wanderers, Espanyol, Pescara and Olympiakos, added: The Old Firm match was the biggest derby I played in. I played for Espanyol in the Barcelona derby, but the rivalry between the teams in Glasgow makes that the bigger game.

"Every second of those matches is amazing and the special moment was the League Cup final win over Celtic. It would be great to be in that derby again.

And Weiss believes the financial meltdown at the club can have a positive aftermath.

He added: It will make the whole club stronger now when they come back to the top league. It is not an easy thing to go through, but when we come back we will be stronger. I said 'we' because I have a connection with the club. I am always going to be a Rangers fan.

I have another three years in Qatar, but if there was a chance to come back to play for Rangers then I would definitely think about it. Wearing the shirt again would be brilliant.

He will visit Scotland on World Cup 2018 duty with Slovakia holding justified hopes of being at the forefront of Group F.

There is a good chance of us being in the top two. I am looking forward to it, said Weiss of the 2018 qualifiers where the other four countries involved are England, Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were forced to pay £500k for Scott Allan in this window i'd sooner say no and pay £1 million to get the wee man back here.

He cost that mob 4m euros according to Wiki. Probably on a near tax free fortune. But it's nice to dream!

VLADIMIR WEISS would be open to a return to Rangers but only after seeking to dent Scotlands chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup finals.

The 25-year-old Slovak spent the 2010-2011 season at Rangers on loan from Manchester City, winning Premier League and League Cup medals.

Weiss, who has three years of his contract to run at Lekhwiya FC in Qatar, said of the 2010/11 season: This was the year I enjoyed the most in my career. It was such a great experience to play at Ibrox in front of those fans. It was amazing.

Weiss, who has also played for Bolton Wanderers, Espanyol, Pescara and Olympiakos, added: The Old Firm match was the biggest derby I played in. I played for Espanyol in the Barcelona derby, but the rivalry between the teams in Glasgow makes that the bigger game.

"Every second of those matches is amazing and the special moment was the League Cup final win over Celtic. It would be great to be in that derby again.

And Weiss believes the financial meltdown at the club can have a positive aftermath.

He added: It will make the whole club stronger now when they come back to the top league. It is not an easy thing to go through, but when we come back we will be stronger. I said 'we' because I have a connection with the club. I am always going to be a Rangers fan.

I have another three years in Qatar, but if there was a chance to come back to play for Rangers then I would definitely think about it. Wearing the shirt again would be brilliant.

He will visit Scotland on World Cup 2018 duty with Slovakia holding justified hopes of being at the forefront of Group F.

There is a good chance of us being in the top two. I am looking forward to it, said Weiss of the 2018 qualifiers where the other four countries involved are England, Slovenia, Lithuania and Malta.

What hes really saying is that if Rangers make me the best offer I'll be more than happy to come, the gullible continue to think its because he 'pure loves us'