Wake Up Call Tonight

Tumshie

Some fantastic attacking play but losing the goal was poor and we got away with it for the penalty.

Still that's me nitpicking because as I said some of the attacking moves were outstanding. Was 3-1 going on 6 or 7.

And it's always good to get that wake up call while we are winning rather than dropping silly points.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. But it's what i've come to expect per Brentford fans. We'll score more than them.. but I am confident we'll get it right in time.

Just hope we start taking our chances. Another 25 tonight!

Dont think so much of a wake up call but more of a learning curve. Its 6 weeks weve had to adopt this new philosophy of football. So it will get better the longer we continue it. You cant press teams without opening up a little but we will get used to it.

The way the team play ultimately leaves us with 2 at the back so we are exposed but in weeks to come that will be protected by Eustace or a similar deeper lying midfielder who isn't shy of a tackle.

Halliday is filling the role but will offer more further forward.

Once we have a true holding midfielder the defence will look better.

That goal was Foderinghams fault IMO, if your off your line you commit to the challenge on the player and spread yourself wide to stop the impending dink. He paused halfway between the goal line and the player

Your clearly never been a keeper then. You narrow your angles and stay big. If he came charging out he either takes it round him or chips him. Where did you want him to be? On his line or 18 yard line. Hebwas in a perfect natural position for the way the attack materialised.

We leave ourselves open at the back with a lot of space between Kiernan and Wilson at times, with Wallace and Tavernier so far up the wing. Besides a few teething problems, we played some impressive attacking football from the first whistle. Very refreshing.

That goal was Foderinghams fault IMO, if your off your line you commit to the challenge on the player and spread yourself wide to stop the impending dink. He paused halfway between the goal line and the player

Also if you watch it. It comes from about the only time we dont close them fown starting with walsh in there half and then it leaves our two central defenders 2 on 2.

Not at all! Slack play caused the goal!

He done his best trying to narrow the angles.

Your clearly never been a keeper then. You narrow your angles and stay big. If he came charging out he either takes it round him or chips him. Where did you want him to be? On his line or 18 yard line. Hebwas in a perfect natural position for the way the attack materialised.

How would being half way between the player and the goals be narrowing his angles?? If he kept running out to the player he would have cut off the attack.

Not at all! Slack play caused the goal!

He done his best trying to narrow the angles.

Exactly. Stay big narrow your angles.

Also our new philosophy is send them home happy. So lets be happy and stop trying to nit pick and blame people for certain things. Its a team game it was just slack. End of.

How would being half way between the player and the goals be narrowing his angles?? If he kept running out to the player he would have cut off the attack.

As i said you clearly arent talking as a goalkeeper here. Your talking in a misguided opinion.

I was having noghtmares with big fodders play tonight. A few times he looked ropey leaving his line and getting into a game of passy with the defence. Only he was bad at passy. Sure he will settle soon enough though.

I agree but clearly hes being told not to kick it up the park.

We leave ourselves open at the back with a lot of space between Kiernan and Wilson at times, with Wallace and Tavernier so far up the wing. Besides a few teething problems, we played some impressive attacking football from the first whistle. Very refreshing.

I think what we are needing is a stay at home midfielder to stop attacks and give the ball to a set up man in the middle and if by signing Eustace and he is playing that role then you will see a more settled central defence and a more confidant defence.

The one thing i don't like is the amount of back passing to the goalkeeper.

Teams are catching on to that tactic and pressing the keeper hard and if they don't do something to correct that it will cost us a goal or three.