Wake Up Call Tonight

Tumshie

How would being half way between the player and the goals be narrowing his angles?? If he kept running out to the player he would have cut off the attack.

So because he found himself halfway between the player and his goals he wasnt narrowing the angles?????? I thought thats what coming out, staying big was called narrowing your angles.

Jesus ive been doing it wrong for all this time.

Infact better contact the goalies union and tell them weve had it wrong for this amount of time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to get our shooting boots on and making the chances count, otherwise we are going to come a cropper sooner or later.

Small point, but before every game at Ibrox, players take turns at playing shooty in at the practice goal at the Copland/Main Stand corner. Players conversion rate on this is absolutely atrocious. Maybe doesn't mean much but practice makes perfect.

I think what we are needing is a stay at home midfielder to stop attacks and give the ball to a set up man in the middle and if by signing Eustace and he is playing that role then you will see a more settled central defence and a more confidant defence.

The one thing i don't like is the amount of back passing to the goalkeeper.

Teams are catching on to that tactic and pressing the keeper hard and if they don't do something to correct that it will cost us a goal or three.

Come on mate " teams are catching on to that tactic " it's our first league game lets just enjoy the result and let the other teams worry I think we have spent enough time worrying over the past few years.

Reminds me of Newcastle under Keegan. Everytime a ball is played between the centre halfs we look vulnerable. Khernan is just not mobile enough to play in a flat back four. He needs to play in front of Wilson. If you turn Kiernan, you,ve beat him

Reminds me of Newcastle under Keegan. Everytime a ball is played between the centre halfs we look vulnerable. Khernan is just not mobile enough to play in a flat back four. He needs to play in front of Wilson. If you turn Kiernan, you,ve beat him

Were not playing a flat back 4.

So because he found himself halfway between the player and his goals he wasnt narrowing the angles?????? I thought thats what coming out, staying big was called narrowing your angles.

Jesus ive been doing it wrong for all this time.

Infact better contact the goalies union and tell them weve had it wrong for this amount of time.

What would be bigger, a keeper 1 yard from you or 5 yards?

1 yard from the st mirren player and he would have been out his box and couldnt use his hands.

Mate your wrong, your not getting it was the keepers fault they played through the defence it was a 1 on 1.

You stay big and narrow your angles. A keeper charging out at you gives you the option of going round him or chipping him or letting him take you out.

Your barking up the wrong tree here and anybody who knows what it is to play in goals will tell you your 100% wrong.

Nothing to do with the keeper.

1 yard from the st mirren player and he would have been out his box and couldnt use his hands.

Mate your wrong, your not getting it was the keepers fault they played through the defence it was a 1 on 1.

You stay big and narrow your angles. A keeper charging out at you gives you the option of going round him or chipping him or letting him take you out.

Your barking up the wrong tree here and anybody who knows what it is to play in goals will tell you your 100% wrong.

Nothing to do with the keeper.

The 1 yard/ 5 yard was an example. He left his line to go to the player and stalled, opening up the goal and leaving the player time. Had he kept charging he could have spread himself and narrowed the angle further Had he stayed on his line the defence would have pressured the player. He was caught in no mans land.

As for all your pish about "you've never been a keeper", that matters fuck all when its clear to see the keeper should have been at the player after committing to coming out, being up at the player rather than a few yards off is always better.

Take it you never made it professionally? There's maybe a reason to that.....

There's a lot of raining on our parade tonight

Has Scrot invaded our forum ffs

Exactly mate you come on delighted with life and someone tries to blame someone i.e the goalie for conceeding a goal that was a 1 on 1. Terrible goalie send him back di canio was right.

The 1 yard/ 5 yard was an example. He left his line to go to the player and stalled, opening up the goal and leaving the player time. Had he kept charging he could have spread himself and narrowed the angle further Had he stayed on his line the defence would have pressured the player. He was caught in no mans land.

As for all your pish about "you've never been a keeper", that matters fuck all when its clear to see the keeper should have been at the player after committing to coming out, being up at the player rather than a few yards off is always better.

Take it you never made it professionally? There's maybe a reason to that.....

He wasnt in no mans land that was his starting position. Buddy you havent the foggiest what your talking about and to continue with your stance that the goalie was at fault is laughable.

Halliday was brilliant although just got home and watched the goals back and when u watch the goal it was his man who ran right through the middle of the park

Still was a great enjoyable game to watch no point in pointing fingers.

A few points:

I thought we played very well for the vast majority if the game.

It was a real pleasure to watch us tonight.

A 4-3-3 is going to leak goals and they have to learn from that and we have to realise that.

Our keeper has great hands, but when the ball is at his feet, my hearts in my mouth.

We need a centre forward but Waghorn in a role hanging off a centre is excellent.

We have only had these players for 6 weeks.

It's all good.