Mcgregor

Sparkle

He's not very good and isn't really good with the ball at his feet.

For a centre half he's okay on the ball. The irony is that he would slot into the 433 system quite well, possibly better than a pure 442- he would be able to become the right back of a back three in possession quite well in my opinion; against Burnley he did just that and looked very comfortable. I don't think he has a long term future at Rangers though.

For a centre half he's okay on the ball. The irony is that he would slot into the 433 system quite well, possibly better than a pure 442- he would be able to become the right back of a back three in possession quite well in my opinion; against Burnley he did just that and looked very comfortable. I don't think he has a long term future at Rangers though.

Any ball from the side he's beat any ball straight infront of him he wins, he's an average defender who works hard but has limited ability.

So you'd be dropping who? Tavernier?

Based on what exactly? Kiernan hasn't done a whole lot wrong and clearly fits the criteria that the manager is looking for a lot more than McGregor does.

Think he's been a little shaky when attacked. Will be better protected up when Eustace comes in I think.

So you'd be dropping who? Tavernier?

Why? When we go into attack Haliday comes to the middle, Kiernan goes out right, and Wilson goes out left; that gives us a back three- Tavernier goes to the middle or to the outside right, and Wallace to the middle or to the outside left. In defending we revert to a flat four- Kiernan assumes his natural cb position, and Tavernier comes to right back, and the same with Wilson and Wallace. McGregor and Tavernier can easily play together in the same defence.

Why? When we go into attack Haliday comes to the middle, Kiernan goes out right, and Wilson goes out left; that gives us a back three- Tavernier goes to the middle or to the outside right, and Wallace to the middle or to the outside left. In defending we revert to a flat four- Kiernan assumes his natural cb position, and Tavernier comes to right back, and the same with Wilson and Wallace. McGregor and Tavernier can easily play together in the same defence.

Sorry, I assumed when you said he could play in a back 3 you meant playing 3-4-3 or some variation.

So you'd drop Wilson or Kiernan in that case?

Sorry, I assumed when you said he could play in a back 3 you meant playing 3-4-3 or some variation.

So you'd drop Wilson or Kiernan in that case?

No, I wouldn't. I was only explaining, if need be, that he could slot into that formation rather well, and he did against Burnley when he came on. Because he had played both RB and CB last season I was curious about how well he would do in this formation, and he seemed to naturally take to it; which is what I expected. I think we'll keep him this season, as cover.

Seems like we agree then :lol:

Yes. One of the exciting things about this formation is that every player will play more than two positions, during the match, and some might even play three positions. I think Darren has proved he could handle the role that Kiernan has, if required.

Big McGregor was our best defender last season, a good enough player and so far Kiernan hasn't exactly looked a million times better than him so he could run him close for a starting slot IMO