Martyn Waghorn - 1

Andy Halliday - 1

James Tavernier - 1

Assists:

James Tavernier - 3

Andy Halliday - 1

Nicky Clark - 1

Martyn Waghorn - 1

It was Zelalem that assisted Tav's goal not Waghorn, although Waghorn did most of the work.

This is what makes these 'assists' bollocks in many cases.

True, and I think he also had another one when he made a short square pass to Tav then he proceeded to beat 4 or 5 players and smash it into the top corner but you cant make it subjective if you are going to keep count of them, sometimes the assist can be much better than the goal and vice versa.

True, and I think he also had another one when he made a short square pass to Tav then he proceeded to beat 4 or 5 players and smash it into the top corner but you cant make it subjective if you are going to keep count of them, sometimes the assist can be much better than the goal and vice versa.

That assist wasn't counted because it was a clear solo goal

Crediting someone with an 'assist' because he was the last player to touch the ball is wrong and leads to misleading information. The idea that there was an 'assist' to Barry McKay's goal is just ludicrous. There was one assist yesterday...Miller's creation of Wallace's chance. You could argue a case for Zalalem but Waghorn created the actual opening for himself IMO. The penalties are arguable but I don't think they should automatically count as 'assists' to the player who was fouled.

Amazing how some turned on him during his slow spell.

Has proved a great signing so far.

It wasn't a slow spell; he was dire for a few games. Nobody is above criticism and his performances warranted it. I agree he has been a great signing.

I didn't see anyone 'turn' on him.

During that spell there were a few comments on here from a few usual suspects. But that seems to be the way of things. If Waghorn doesn't score in the next two games, people will probably demand he is dropped and we re-sign Capucho :mad:

During that spell there were a few comments on here from a few usual suspects. But that seems to be the way of things. If Waghorn doesn't score in the next two games, people will probably demand he is dropped and we re-sign Capucho :mad:

A few comments isn't exactly 'turning' on him though.

I criticised him as well,not because I had 'turned' on him but because he wasn't performing to the same standards he set in the first quarter of the season,constantly being caught out of position and giving away too many slack passes.

Good to see him playing again as we know he can.

Crediting someone with an 'assist' because he was the last player to touch the ball is wrong and leads to misleading information. The idea that there was an 'assist' to Barry McKay's goal is just ludicrous. There was one assist yesterday...Miller's creation of Wallace's chance. You could argue a case for Zalalem but Waghorn created the actual opening for himself IMO. The penalties are arguable but I don't think they should automatically count as 'assists' to the player who was fouled.

There was no assist given for McKay's goal

Just checking in on this thread for the first time in a few months and really impressed with the contribution from the fullbacks. Totally justifies MW's focus on them as a major attacking threat. Also good to see Tav become a bit more solid and dependable as a defender in recent weeks.