Rangers Tv Match Streams In Hd?

saltire266

Have been watching the games live on RTV since I went to work in the Middle East years ago but wondered in this day and age with talk of 4k etc why the games aren't streamed in HD yet.

Is it the cost of the servers or cameras that we need. I wouldn't mind paying a tenner per match if the stream was upgraded, time to move forward like the rest of the club

Sorry if this in the wrong place

All the best

To be honest, in the days of proxy add-ons in your browser, it probably would be a bit of a financial disaster to make the RTV streams too appealing.

£400 a season ticket, or £60 for a HD stream right onto your big screen telly at home which you could have multiple folk watching.

Easy way to reduce your income.

The quality of stream isnt really the problem, in my opinion. I just wish that they developed a few more platforms for it.. Id love to use my ChromeCast and watch it on my TV through my iphone or ipad, like I do with my Netflix or HBOgo.

Download puffin browser and watch on your iPad ? simples?

I watch it on my laptop, but my point is.. I want to be able to Cast it on to my telly. Couldnt do that with Puffin.

I got a thunderbolt to hdmi cable adapter for my MacBook that I used a couple of times last season!

I got a thunderbolt to hdmi cable adapter for my MacBook that I used a couple of times last season!

I know I could do the same with my laptop, but in my experience the quality seems to go down when I hook my laptop to the telly. As I said above.. My ChromeCast (wireless hdmi) works very well and this is how Id like to do it.. My Netflix/HBO/Viaplay (live football is streamed in HD perfectly) is all streamed this way. Get an app made for Rangers TV and we are in business!! :D

I know I could do the same with my laptop, but in my experience the quality seems to go down when I hook my laptop to the telly. As I said above.. My ChromeCast (wireless hdmi) works very well and this is how Id like to do it.. My Netflix/HBO/Viaplay (live football is streamed in HD perfectly) is all streamed this way. Get an app made for Rangers TV and we are in business!! :D

Sorry if this is a daft question but have you tried any of the casting apps available on the app store?

Dont have Apple TV. I use my phone to cast (chromecast) everything on to my telly, which works very well. If there was an app from Rangers TV then this would be possible.

If Puffin works on on your Android just use that it uses servers on their side to fix any problems with flash etc.

Is the unlimited package the only one that works for people overseas? I was going to get it but can't you just cast the tab to your telly, or run an hdmi cable to it from the laptop? Don't mind watching it on the laptop but tv is obviously better.

Yea, I have to get the Unlimited package. I want to be able to use my phone like I do with all the other services. I dont want to fuck about with my laptop and cables.. shouldnt be necessary :)