Morning Dave King

That statement is a pile of pish. That rancid club foamed at the mouth trying to get us stripped of titles now your demanding we give them upwards of 500k for a player out of contract in 20weeks? The same player who is even considering signing with that mob? His heart isnt in it and when Halliday lifts 55 above his head hel regret this day for the rest of his life.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to look at it from a footballers perspective. Its a short career, and although he's very young, he could only have 6 or 7 good years ahead of him. Waiting until January is risky aswell, anything can happen. Injuries, a bad run of form, Rangers could lose interest.

Wether he was brought up a bluenose or not is besides the point. The opportunity to sign for Rangers has never came up. Yes theres interest, but hes never had the chance to sign on the dotted line.

Here you now have Celtic, who will offer him way beyond what he was earning at Hibs. For a footballer, who is confident of his own ability, and of holding down a starting place at a club who could possibly be in the champions league, its a no brainer.

For a regular bluenose like you and me, we'd say no chance, ya bunch of wanks. Then again, we dont have a £2000 a month mortgage, and a burd who likes to fart into silk Gucci drawers at £100 a pop.

So lets just see what happens now. If he goes, so be it, it just never happened. However, the old romantic in me would love him to say "nah, yer alright, we are the people!".

This is the 3rd opportunity he's had to sign for us. Once after leaving Dundee Utd (where he priced himself out of a deal), last year (when he again priced himself out of a deal) and now this summer.

If he wants to sign for them, then to be honest I don't think he's worth chasing. Hibs are still loosing their best player and it's cost us nothing, it's far from a bad situation for us, in the short term. He's 23 and only had one good season in the Scottish Championship. He might turn out to be a good player, he might not, but there are plenty of other players out there of similar quality, so long term it's possibly not a bad thing either. If we really need a new midfielder then I would go for Stefan Scougall from Sheffield Utd. But if we're going to push the boat out to sign anyone I'd much rather it was Stevie May than Scott Alan anyway.

This is the 3rd opportunity he's had to sign for us. Once after leaving Dundee Utd (where he priced himself out of a deal), last year (when he again priced himself out of a deal) and now this summer.

Ive said it before on here. I dont claim to know him personally, but i do know some people who are close to him. Nobody's EVER put a contract to him or his agent and said "sign there son, and your a Rangers player". For the player, the chance has never presented itself. All of the bidding, jostling, statements and such, are of no issue to a footballer until a fee has been agreed.

He spend 2 days traininf at Murray Park last year, then went up to stirling to train with Dundee United. McCoist could have got him in for nothing. He decided against it. Hibs took a chance on him and it paid off for them.

Lets just wait now and see what happens.

It's in no way comparable. If Hibs sold to us, their already meagre attendance would half, their manager would resign, they would be in meltdown. They know this, they want/need to keep the fans onside in what will be another wasted season in the Championship.

They need to show their fans they are standing up to those big, bad proddies.

They are looking at the big picture, and if I was Dempster, I'd be doing the exact same.

The player is not un control, he can refuse to go to to the child rapists, but can't do anything else until December, when Hibs can tell their fans we did all we could, revolt over.

Hibs will not sell to us, end off!

This is nothing to do with King, it's to do with stopping Hibs going into meltdown. Unfortunately Allan is caught in the middle.

Even by your standards that's poor

is it overspending though? more like competing. If you want to be the best team in Scotland we will need to compete, it really is that simple

You expect Rangers to met Hibs asking price of one millon pounds?

If Scott Allan doesn't want to sign for Rangers then I don't want him here!

well that's just stupid, 99% of players want to sign for the club that makes them the best offer. Ist up to a board of directors to make sure we are in a position to make the best offers

SA , will sign for them, Liewell would not make the mistake of leaking this out to the papers if he did not have assurances that SA would sign for them. Please do not give me the Pish that its a short career, I would be shocked if he does not sign for them now.

totally disagree.

He is not Messi and if he is considering going to the scum then let him go. We won't miss him.

okay, I'll ask you this.

Do you expect Rangers to be champions within 4 years?

If the answer to the above is yes then do you expect MW expects to win the league within 4 years?

If the answer to the above is yes do you think he would only offer 4 years contracts to players capable of delivering that?

If the answer to the above is yes then he obviously thinks Allan is one of these players

If you agree with the above then dont you think its the boards responsibilty to provide to compete with our only rivals for the title?

All along I haven't really given a shit if he signed for us or not. Just wanted to piss off Hibs more than anything. If he signs for Celtic then I'm glad we didn't sign him. If he truly supports Rangers then no amount of money would convince him to sign for them. I know the guy has a family to provide for but don't we all...I'd give up football and work any job. I'd shovel shit rather than play for them.

If we truly want to get to the top then we have to match whats on offer elsewhere

Yes and no, if you want to get to the top you need the right players, just because someone else is willing to pay more than us just to make us look bad isnt a reason to spunk cash that wouldnt be value for money. Being held to ransom is stupid.

In this case he is a player playing in the 2nd tier if Scottish football not someone who we are trying to buy from the EPL. Him being a Rangers fan is tugging at peoples heart, I would bet MW hasnt had any sleepless nights over this as he knows he could get someone ekse if need be, the fact he hasnt tells me he is still confident on landing the player.

Ive said it before on here. I dont claim to know him personally, but i do know some people who are close to him. Nobody's EVER put a contract to him or his agent and said "sign there son, and your a Rangers player". For the player, the chance has never presented itself. All of the bidding, jostling, statements and such, are of no issue to a footballer until a fee has been agreed.

He spend 2 days traininf at Murray Park last year, then went up to stirling to train with Dundee United. McCoist could have got him in for nothing. He decided against it. Hibs took a chance on him and it paid off for them.

Lets just wait now and see what happens.

He held negotiations with us when he was leaving Dundee Utd on a free. He wanted to be one of the highest paid players at Tannadice to stay there. His agent made similar demands of Rangers and he wound up going to WBA who were willing to pay what he wanted.

The thing is mate he is far from skint and could make himself a hero by knocking them back and sitting tight for 6 or 12 months.

It appears the whole deal is being structured by the scum to belittle us whilst also doing their utmost to help our biggest rivals in the league this season.

This is a moment in his life when he has to decide whether he is one of us or not.

Real Rangers don't sign for the scum in any capacity and I include Miller and McDowall in that.

FFs Pish. You are being para, they wish to strenghthen their poor team and see SA as young and talented and with a lot to offer their squad, just like us.

I expect them to compete with our competitors when signing players, how else do you expect us to become Scottish Champions?

Maybe by having a team of players who actually want to play for us, rather than how much they take home.

Coming from you, that's saying something. Hibs won't sell to us for the reasons I have given in that post.

It really is that simple.

We dont need Hibs to sell, we just need to offer the player terms better than our competitors and he will sign a Bosman in January....it really is that simple.

Lets see if our board now deliver

The problem you have is that you now refuse to hold our board accountable for anything

He's not worth anywhere near that. He's a decent, tidy midfielder. Nothing more. We've spent the last three years moaning about overpaid players and the minute Celtic show an interest in one of our targets we all go mad and start demanding we pay well over the odds. It's absolute madness.

If he wants to come to us then great but if, as has been the case in the past with him, he chases the money then good luck to him. He's certainly not the type of player worth throwing money at (which is why he's in the Scottish Championship to begin with) and I really don't think his signing would make the slightest difference to ST sales.

Brilliant post Dude (tu)

At the end of the day, if he really wanted in his heart to become a Ranger, he would've sat it out, signed a pre contract in Dec. Hibs were never, ever, going to sell to us.

He didn't, which speaks volumes to me, he has to live with that. Fuck him.

Coming from you, that's saying something. Hibs won't sell to us for the reasons I have given in that post.

It really is that simple.

I don't think anyone's disputing that Hibs won't sell to Rangers Siam.

However, if Scott Allan sits tight which he is more than entitled to do then, in short, they're basically fucked.