Morning Dave King

As has been said. This is Scott Allan not Lionel Messi. His value like everything else is what the buyer is willing to pay.

I've actually had some suspicion about our bidding for him, did MW really want him that much?

Are we going to burst the wage structure by paying him more than the others at the club (and here I have no idea what the players are on).

And here's the thing I'm pretty sure Celtc don't need him. This is simply a GIRFUY from slitty eyes. That's fine by me ...it'll cost you close to £2m Petey. Possibly he thinks it could damage our promotion prospects. Nah Petey, McCoist's away and no team in this league is within touching distance.

I have some sympathy with a player taking the money when/where he can get it.

If Scott Allan signs, then great. If he doesn't we'll still win the league by a street.

At the time of typing all I can see is that the scum have made a bid. No one saying he's signed. I suspect that there will be a few twists to this saga yet, like Celtc pulling out on some spurious reason. We'll see.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wanted to come here so much then surely he wouldn't be having a medical and would've immediately declined any talks with them. Unfortunately he hasn't and that for me says a lot, he said he wanted to come here and only here, so why in the fuck has he shat it and went to them?

We dont need Hibs to sell, we just need to offer the player terms better than our competitors and he will sign a Bosman in January....it really is that simple.

Lets see if our board now deliver

The problem you have is that you now refuse to hold our board accountable for anything

You have no idea what the player would or wouldn't do. If he really wanted to come, he'd have sat it out, like any true bluenose.

Your problem is, you blame King for anything and everything, stuff he has no control over. It's so predictable, ill thought out, and tedious.

I don't think anyone's disputing that Hibs won't sell to Rangers Siam.

However, if Scott Allan sits tight which he is more than entitled to do then, in short, they're basically fucked.

I agree, and have done numerous times on this thread. Maybe you should change the title of the thread then, it's up to Allan, not King

On sky sports webpage,under the newspaper clips it says the daily record 'understans'that assurances have been given the the tarriers that Scott wouldn't turn down a deal.....

Could this be Murray using his courageous contacts to make it look like we have got 1 over the mhanky mhob when he signs for us.....then The wee jakey will come oot and say they weren't ever interested,just like the Danny Wilson scenario.

I expect them to compete with our competitors when signing players, how else do you expect us to become Scottish Champions?

They are though, Celtic are not our competitors at this monent in time to win any league, why do you need money spent that doesnt need to be spent ? Thats just mental.

I agree, and have done numerous times on this thread. Maybe you should change the title of the thread then, it's up to Allan, not King

No it's not. At this moment King has to step up to the plate and leg Allan know he's wanted. If he doesn't then we aren't prepared to compete. That's how it will appear to me.

We dont need Hibs to sell, we just need to offer the player terms better than our competitors and he will sign a Bosman in January....it really is that simple.

Lets see if our board now deliver

The problem you have is that you now refuse to hold our board accountable for anything

Not at the moment we cant as Hibs would take us to the cleaners as they have not given permission to talk to him. Yes there is ways of doing it but that would leave us open to fines if it got out.

Are you suggesting the board should break football laws to do this ? Im sure if they did and got caught you would be the first to blame them for not doing what was right.

We sign value for money - welcome to the new world - he isn't worth what Hibs would have demanded from us - it's not Kings fault. people need to get a grip, he is one player. I don't ever want to go back to paying over the odds for any player because we are Glasgow Rangers - teams will just take the piss.

support the board and what they have done already bringing in W&W and banning BBC journo's .....lets not go down to their level.

No it's not. At this moment King has to step up to the plate and leg Allan know he's wanted. If he doesn't then we aren't prepared to compete. That's how it will appear to me.

Oh right, so we'be never shown any interest in Allan, he would have no idea whatsoever we want him, even though he knows exactly what is going on between Hibs and us, how complicated it is for them .

C'Mon mate, that's just a silly post.

Anyway, getting bored with it all now, Hibs won't sell to us period, Allan knows we want him, if he's as big a bluenose as made out, he'll sit it out. If not, fuck him.

It really is that simple, can't be bothered going round and round, again and again.

The bottom line is SA has the final word.IF he really wants to sign for "his boy hood heroes" he will. He's not your average professional footballer he knows all about the rivalry and hatred between the two clubs he has stood were we have he has sung the songs we all have he has seen the vile spewed from the unwashed , they are saying "they" have offered more money , he will still be a wealthy man if he signs us and he will be able to sleep at night. The balls at your feet chase the pound or chase your dream. You won't get another chance .

okay, I'll ask you this.

Do you expect Rangers to be champions within 4 years?

If the answer to the above is yes then do you expect MW expects to win the league within 4 years?

If the answer to the above is yes do you think he would only offer 4 years contracts to players capable of delivering that?

If the answer to the above is yes then he obviously thinks Allan is one of these players

If you agree with the above then dont you think its the boards responsibilty to provide to compete with our only rivals for the title?

I expect to sign players that agree with our football plan and want to be part of that. Money is part of that deal but we can't get into a place where we throw money like we did before. He is a Scottish Championship player, failed English player with a lot to prove. He is out of contract next year. His value is peanuts. Hibs have STATED repeatedly they won't sell to us.

So, there is little we can do other than make silly statements like telling King to pay way over the odds for a player that has a lot to prove.

If Allan likes what we're trying to do he knows if he waits until January, he can seal his move.

If he doesn't want to wait until then (because Hibs' stance of not selling to us) then he can move on and we can too.

I expect to sign players that agree with our football plan and want to be part of that. Money is part of that deal but we can't get into a place where we throw money like we did before. He is a Scottish Championship player, failed English player with a lot to prove. He is out of contract next year. His value is peanuts. Hibs have STATED repeatedly they won't sell to us.

So, there is little we can do other than make silly statements like telling King to pay way over the odds for a player that has a lot to prove.

If Allan likes what we're trying to do he knows if he waits until January, he can seal his move.

If he doesn't want to wait until then (because Hibs' stance of not selling to us) then he can move on and we can too.

The last two sentences sum it all up

That's the point money turned his head, This so called Rangers fan should not even entertain them,

His advisors should get Hibs told, He is signing for Rangers so either accept the offer or he will be signing a pre contract in January.

The club should not pay over the odds for him, he should sit tight, they will sell him for peanuts once he sign a pre contract and then the lad can get a good signing on fee.

Makes me laugh, he has a child and wife to keep? Don't we all, and I bet he's not on bloody 300 quid a week, I am pretty sure he has a fancy car and house.

This. (tu)

He sure as fuck isn't going to be in the poorhouse until the summer.

The doghouse, maybe... But if he is worried about the stick he may get staying at Hibs while coveting a move to us, then why the fuck would he be contemplating a move to the Selik? :lol:

SA has said nothing.

Even if he has been to the bheggars training ground that means nothing. He is playing the game as much as he is being played.

Yes i want him to come to us. I'm sure he'd prefer that too in an ideal world. We're not in that ideal world.

He's hardly a cunt. I would be disappointed if he did go to them but we don't know that there's even a contract available to him from January for him to consider. And he's been shafted by us before.

Time will tell but folk slating him despite this all being media rather than direct quotes are jumping the gun.