Morning Dave King

4 years ago a certain club took one of our youth players (with ease) and signed him up. It was a combination of him being a Sellick fan and a wedge of cash bring dangled his way.

Today that same player is being used as a makeweight to allow this same club to sign arguably (that's a point for another day) the hottest Scottish talent currently available. This time though he is not a sellick fan. However, a lucrative salary is being put in front of his nose and for a young man with a partner and baby to support it has of course turned his head.

This is your moment Dave King. This guy, giving a straight choice between them and us, will join us in a heartbeat. (That much I can promise this forum) Hibs simply won't sell (at this moment )

So, get to his agent, ( we all know it works this way) and offer a deal to sit tight until January, where no transfer fee is involved, and offer him the bid we made as a signing on fee as a starter for 10. This is 2015 , players loyalties start in their wallet, that is the world now whether we like it or not. so are we going to continually get gazumped by 'them' whenever they feel like it. Is this the sum of your ambitions when you wooed the support to gain your coveted chairmanship?

This is not a multi million pound situation. Get active Mr King and bring this boy to his rightful home this is not just about signing a player. They have set you your first challenge in the hot seat. Step up and play Mr Chairman.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs will not sell to us.

He's considering going that's enough for me. Fuck SA

Absolutely this. No need for him to go for that fee, the slice or wages won't make him rich. He could wait a year and come to us.

If he signs for them it should dispel this Rangers born and bred thing because anyone of that ilk wouldn't sign for them when all he needs to do is wait a few months for a similar deal.

(tu)

Last night I was of the same mindset. However, Scott Allan demonstrates that the modern day footballer think money before club nowadays. Are we going to just keep saying 'talk to them and you can fuck off?" Because if we are, we're not operating in the modern football world. I don't like this mindset but it's reality.

Absolutely this. No need for him to go for that fee, the slice or wages won't make him rich. He could wait a year and come to us.

If he signs for them it should dispel this Rangers born and bred thing because anyone of that ilk wouldn't sign for them when all he needs to do is wait a few months for a similar deal.

I know I keep saying it but when you've been brought up In amongst the hatred in Glasgow. When your first game was gazza clinching 8iar, the last thing you should consider is sitting in the saville arena home end never mind taking the coin of those who hate your very existence.

This ones a right boot in the balls and I hope we now go nowhere near him.

When will he modern day fan ever learn? Players will go wherever the best deal is. Haven't we learned from mcgregor, Boyd, Naismith, Hutton etc? It's the Rangers boards responsibility to provide the funds to fifer the player a deal that's comparable with what other clubs have offered.

As I said earlier this is a big moment for king, he needs to deliver

I know I keep saying it but when you've been brought up In amongst the hatred in Glasgow. When your first game was gazza clinching 8iar, the last thing you should consider is sitting in the saville arena home end never mind taking the coin of those who hate your very existence.

This ones a right boot in the balls and I hope we now go nowhere near him.

You need to be a realist here and stop living is a misty eyed fans word. The boys agent will talk to anyone and rightly so. It's our boards responsibility to provide the funds to match offers from elsewhere. If they do he will come, let's see what we offer

When will he modern day fan ever learn? Players will go wherever the best deal is. Haven't we learned from mcgregor, Boyd, Naismith, Hutton etc? It's the Rangers boards responsibility to provide the funds to fifer the player a deal that's comparable with what other clubs have offered.

This

You need to be a realist here and stop living is a misty eyed fans word. The boys agent will talk to anyone and rightly so. It's our boards responsibility to provide the funds to match offers from elsewhere. If they do he will come, let's see what we offer

Hibs won't sell.

It's misty eyed fuck all. If that's the sort of no mark wee cunt he wants to be let him. He knows we want him, to go there knowing a deal with us is only 4 months away is bonkers.

Ffs if rumours are true the taigs have flung in a daft wee prick from Milton and about 3 quid more than we offered.

I'd be holding out

Hibs won't sell.

It's misty eyed fuck all. If that's the sort of no mark wee cunt he wants to be let him. He knows we want him, to go there knowing a deal with us is only 4 months away is bonkers.

Ffs if rumours are true the taigs have flung in a daft wee prick from Milton and about 3 quid more than we offered.

I'd be holding out

Stop believing the spoon fed shite from kings puppets at the daily record, Hibs will sell if the offer matches their valuation. If we offer the best terms to the player then the player will decide where he is going. Hibs are not in control

Hibs won't sell.

I'd be holding out

Of course Hibs won't sell. But you have to convince the player he's wanted. You do that through his agent. I can guarantee that Sellick contacted his agent (even though that's technically not allowed) and ascertained that he would consider playing for them. It's nothing to do ŵith Hibs. They will sell if they know that he's sitting it out but you need to convince him he's wanted.

Stop believing the spoon fed shite from kings puppets at the daily record, Hibs will sell if the offer matches their valuation. If we offer the best terms to the player then the player will decide where he is going. Hibs are not in control

Aye nb

There lies the problem, if King starts down the road of paying well over his wage structure to get SA he is on the same route as Murray was. Yes I would like SA but there isnt a big queue of clubs lining up to sign him, if we dont get him so what he isn't the the 1st or last that we missed out on.

If he goes to the Taigs thats up to him but it would kill his ambitions of living his dream. Its all about money though and if he is being offered life changing wages over a say 4 years deal that would set him up for life its a hard one to turn down even for a staunch bluenose.

There lies the problem, if King starts down the road of paying well over his wage structure to get SA he is on the same route as Murray was. Yes I would like SA but there isnt a big queue of clubs lining up to sign him, if we dont get him so what he isn't the the 1st or last that we missed out on.

If he goes to the Taigs thats up to him but it would kill his ambitions of living his dream. Its all about money though and if he is being offered life changing wages over a say 4 years deal that would set him up for life its a hard one to turn down even for a staunch bluenose.

350k a year won't burst our wage structure. This is not multi millions.

He's right 52. The player has all the power nowadays. Do Hibs want a player in January who has signed a pre contract with us? No chance

Well if he KBS them then he can. It's upto him, he's considering it that's bad enough.

This isn't just some boy saying "I liked Rangers" this is a boy who's up till last season still travelling on an RSC when he could get to games. He doesn't live in a wee outback either. He's from here, he knows the repercussions from this.

So as I say, fuck him

If Mr king is sending out the message that his wage structure won't or can't match celtics then long term we are doomed.

It's all very well taking the plaudits getting a decent manager and filling a team with low value players to beats the likes of Alloa and raith. Our strategy has to be to topple the filth and the board MUST provide the funds to allow the manager to deliver this. Anything dpshort of this is scandalous

Im sure MW will have a valuation of the player and what he thinks he is worth based on what SA can bring to the club. This valuation will be known to the board.If SA wants to go to the scum so be it, if he comes to us so be it time will tell.Lets not get drawn into another Duncan Ferguson scenario where egos and wallets were order of the day.

Well if he KBS them then he can. It's upto him, he's considering it that's bad enough.

This isn't just some boy saying "I liked Rangers" this is a boy who's up till last season still travelling on an RSC when he could get to games. He doesn't live in a wee outback either. He's from here, he knows the repercussions from this.

So as I say, fuck him

Paul Hartley considered us and believe it or not a certain John Collins considered us. This is not a new situation. You could argue Scott Allan is forcing Rangers hand to do the deal. Time will tell.