Ugo Was A Big Influence

LeeWallaceRFC

UGO EHIOGU may only have played 12 times for Rangers, but he remains a real fans’ favourite for a moment of sheer magic at Celtic Park over eight years ago.

With his back to goal, he thundered a quite sensational overhead kick into the back of the net to not only seal a highly unexpected 1-0 success, but also ensure his name features pretty highly on the list of ‘Gers “cult heroes.”

Today, Ehiogu is manager of Tottenham Hotspur’s under-21 side, and as such, was ideally placed to advise new Rangers loan signing Nathan Oduwa as to what life is like as a Rangers player.

Oduwa joined Rangers on a season-long loan from Spurs last night, and he also told of his great excitement at the prospect of running out in front of a packed Ibrox Stadium.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, Oduwa joked: “Ugo told me I might not be able to walk the streets of Glasgow if I do well! I heard he’s a famous player here so he was a great help for me.

“I can’t wait to put my boots on, and whenever I get the chance to play in front of 50,000 fans I’m going to relish it and give the fans something to shout about.

“I watched the St Mirren game last week, and Rangers were fantastic – as were the fans. That’s the type of football I want to be a part of – passing football, pressing the opposition and winning the ball back quickly.”

New manager Mark Warburton has quickly installed a 4-3-3 formation as his preferred set-up at Rangers, and admitting his flexibility, Oduwa will happily fill any role – just so long as he is playing.

“I’m very versatile,” explained the 19 year-old. “I wouldn’t say I’m suited to one position as I can play any attacking role, but I would usually be associated with playing wide on either wing.

“As long as I’m working hard in training and the manager shows faith in me and rewards me with a place in the squad then I’m happy to play anywhere.”

Oduwa arrives in Glasgow with Tottenham teammate Dominic Ball in tow, and he explained what qualities the defensive player can bring to Rangers.

He added: “Dominic is a great player, he’s very strong minded and nothing will phase him. He’s also a very good addition to the team and we’re both really excited to be a part of this.

“I’ve been ecstatic about the facilities, it’s been great how I’ve been welcomed into the club and now I just can’t wait to get started.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9846-ugo-was-a-big-influence?

Sounds like he's up for it. Can't imagine Templeton getting much game time now.

Sad ending for a player that I was so excited about.

Templeton only has himself to blame, he has had countless chances and has failed to deliver time and time again. I very much doubt he will get another contract here when his deal runs out (which I hope is after this season)!

Oduwa looks fucking delighted to be here, can't wait to watch this guy play, will make a similar impact that Vuckic did IMO. One of those we won't want to go back to Spurs when the deal is up

Going by the videos posted online he looks a far better player than Vuckic, and still only 19.

Think this will be another master stroke from the man with the hat. Even if it's only for one season.

Really excited about these two guys! Even if they have came from shitty Spurs ;)

I am really interested to see who we go with at centre half now with Ball, Wilson, Kiernan all presumably first team options. Won't be too surprised to see Mcgregor and/or Zaliukas leave before the end of the window now.

These look like exactly the type of signing we want. Loanees like this might not be permanent (yet) but they are young and hungry and will be eager to impress our manager. And if they play in a top English or continental club's under 21 team they are decent if not excellent developing footballers. That's what I'm expecting. They will help bring us success because that's what they want themselves. Top move, Mr. Magic :clap: