How Far Away Are We?

MacBoyd

From competing with the scum next season?very confident we will win the league easily this year. I'd like to think we have at least 4 spl winning players in wallace tav waghorn and Wilson other like halliday could well be of that standard. If we sign 5 first team player of that standard or better we could win it back straight away I really believe in Warburton. Am I wrong or do you agree?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't qualify for the Champions League this season, Van Dijk and one of Johanson/Biton will be sold off.

If we make a few shrewd signings then we could be within 10 points first season back I reckon. Full house at Ibrox every two weeks and good football under Warburton will see us being an attractive proposition for players.

Very difficult to tell at the moment I think. After 3 convincing victories, 2 of which were against our main "rivals" (lets be honest they both look very poor anyway) we are looking good and can only improve. I think the real measure of our ability to compete, will be against spfl teams in the cups. Hoping to make an example of the first one of these teams we play, hope it's motherwell or hearts, and put the fear factor of coming to ibrox back in the others. If we get that back, and strengthen in a few areas, competing for second next year, pushing them within a couple.

I agree we have players capable of fitting into an SPL winning team by the looks of the last 3 or 4 games, but then it has only been 3 or 4 games...

I don't think we are lightyears behind, but we are developing, whereas they are trying to maintain.

We will grow the next few years, and when we get promoted, we will continue to grow, probably even faster.

Thus 4-3-3 needs quality wingers and I don't think Barrie and Templeton will cut it. Oduwa will be more than good enough but he wont be here next season.

Managers down south (& players) will see what Warburton can do for player development though and I'd expect we'd be able to get a quality replacement in.

If Warburton keeps up his record of bringing in quality signings then I don't think we will be too far away. They aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Agree here, they have got complacent without us and if they fail to get in the Euro's again this year (18 time of asking no doubt) then money is going to be a potential problem for them.

Right seriously guys, that Celtic team is fucking shite, they have individual players who can finish a goal or two, they aren't a unit, they have ego's and that's it because they have been unchallenged for so long! Look at the results in Europe ffs, pumped last year out of Europe, fuck knows how many times

Scraped through against that Quarabag mob who if they could have passed or crossed would have put them out :lol:

Next year with a couple off additions and a good couple results against them will rattle the fuck out them! Hardly any of them have proper old firm experience just like our players, I think next year might be our year and anyone who thinks otherwise seriously underestimates MW and overestimates they cunts!

Can't remember any of our SPL winning teams beating Hibs 6-2 at home?

You?

Agree here, they have got complacent without us and if they fail to get in the Euro's again this year (18 time of asking no doubt) then money is going to be a potential problem for them.

Maybe I'm biased but I really don't rate a lot of their players. Their defence is fuckin gash.

The gap is growing at a fast rate.

By next season, they'll probably not even want to show up.

If we play them this season, we'll wipe the floor with them. Next season we'll crush them into the ground like bugs.

This is the worst Celtic team since they had 75p and a can of Guinness as their entire assets.

I know a purchase Rangers WILL be making... four tins of Brasso!

If they don't qualify for the Champions League this season, Van Dijk and one of Johanson/Biton will be sold off.

And they've got about 5 midfielders fighting for the one position, which means two or three players are not going to be happy. The Allan signing may not be such a bad thing.

They are

no great shakes ffs struggled to get through yet another cl qualifier and drew the other night with a pretty poor Killie team.They have been down grading since we left,their crowds are down and I'm pretty sure their revenues will be down as well.No more multi million pound players for them. Buying what they think is best from scumdee utd etc.

With the right players and the management we have why can't we stick it into the scum time and time again.

Right seriously guys, that Celtic team is fucking shite, they have individual players who can finish a goal or two, they aren't a unit, they have ego's and that's it because they have been unchallenged for so long! Look at the results in Europe ffs, pumped last year out of Europe, fuck knows how many times

Scraped through against that Quarabag mob who if they could have passed or crossed would have put them out :lol:

Next year with a couple off additions and a good couple results against them will rattle the fuck out them! Hardly any of them have proper old firm experience just like our players, I think next year might be our year and anyone who thinks otherwise seriously underestimates MW and overestimates they cunts!

Can't remember any of our SPL winning teams beating Hibs 6-2 at home?

You?

Great post.

Another point is that whenever I've seen that Deila on the news he always seems like a pure cocky cunt and we all know John Collins is too - I wonder if they will underestimate us.

Without over estimating what we have I get the feeling that a lot of spl clubs will be under estimating us if that makes sense?

I think we are on the right road, I honestly believe our fitness levels and the pace we now play at will be to much for the majority of the Scottish game.

Let's see how we fair on Sunday, in truth it's a damming indictment of how piss we were!!!!!

A convincing win on Sunday will be further enhance we are moving in a positive direction.

Genuinely too early to tell. We don't know how the team will cope when things aren't going our way. Positive signs against Hibs, and came through a slightly sticky spell against St Mirren.

I can however say with some certainty that we will score a lot of goals. Something I haven't been able to say for a fuckload of time.

If we do go up (I say if as I'm taking nothing for granted - look at our confidence at the start of last season) it'll be interesting to see the calibre of players we could attract.

With the club run properly and us being back in the top division I don't see an insurmountable gulf. All depends how much money they have squirrelled away for such a day, and how clever Warburton can be in the market.

3 games in & its looking good, nearly a new team still gelling and learning the new system and the football provided has been superb.

Another 2 windows to go and if the signings are of the standard we have achieved already we should be be able to compete no problem imo.

That said of course is if we maintain the standards we have already set.

I agree we have players capable of fitting into an SPL winning team by the looks of the last 3 or 4 games, but then it has only been 3 or 4 games...

I don't think we are light years behind, but we are developing, whereas they are trying to maintain.

We will grow the next few years, and when we get promoted, we will continue to grow, probably even faster.

Hopefully this. The sensible approach.

We already have what we need to get up this season. Next close-season will hopefully see a gradual step up of the recruitment drive in terms of quality and quantity. I can see a good few of the guys already here staying for an assault on a European place in the first season back in the Prem.