Andy Goram

DavieMacRFC

Was reminiscing there and for me he was the best in the world,and always will be.....the goalie....the flying pig......whatever you call him he broke old Tommy burns heart....WATP

Ps, wiz educating my son on all the great goalies we have had and explaining how Andy was the best there ever was, Schmeichel eat your heart out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He IS a Rangers man, posted this on another thread earlier, was a few years ago but still applies....

AM RANGERS TILL I DIE

3 April 2012 ·

Andy Goram-LEGEND! <<<Craigie @ Admin

I drank in Protestant pubs and I was caught up in it. I don't hide from that. I don't regret it, and I'm not ashamed of it. I am a Rangers man, and in my eyes Rangers men don't play for Celtic. Did I hate Celtic when we played them? Yes, of course I did. I ran out of the tunnel detesting the sight of them and even now I hate it when I see Gers players cuddling Celtic players.

He IS a Rangers man, posted this on another thread earlier, was a few years ago but still applies....

AM RANGERS TILL I DIE

3 April 2012 ·

I drank in Protestant pubs and I was caught up in it. I don't hide from that. I don't regret it, and I'm not ashamed of it. I am a Rangers man, and in my eyes Rangers men don't play for Celtic. Did I hate Celtic when we played them? Yes, of course I did. I ran out of the tunnel detesting the sight of them and even now I hate it when I see Gers players cuddling Celtic players.

Superb mate, that's what being a Rangers Man is all about, that's what separates us from the rest, WE ARE THE PEOPLE, and no one will ever take that away from us....RANGERS TILL I DIE

Without doubt the greatest keeper I have had the pleasure of watching... We have had an embarrassment of richies in the goalkeeping department over the last 30 years... And I am privileged enough to say that I have lived to see them ball pay for Rangers.

Tommy burns, may have been a Celtic man but to have the balls to come and say what he did shows how much respect he had for goram and his ability...

I'm not sure we'll see his like again in Scottish football.

AM RANGERS TILL I DIE

3 April 2012 ·

That should be the dictionary definition of a Rangers man. :thumbup:

AM RANGERS TILL I DIE

3 April 2012 ·

Love the quote and gave it a like but Andy does what pays the mortgage, even if it does mean selling your soul a wee bit!! ;)

AM RANGERS TILL I DIE

3 April 2012 ·

Changed days indeed.

How many points a season did he earn us? Had a great defence infront of him so spent a lot of games with nothing to do but would still pull off unbelievable saves in games. Black armband at the piggery for his aunt(!), van hooijdonk penalty save, Leeds away, booting the ball at di cannio twice etc, legend.

Best I've seen for us anyway. That save against Hooijdonk beats anything for me.

It's not just that save though. He made plenty of those kind of saves against other teams that he didn't get the credit he deserved . For some reason if it wasn't against ' them ' it doesnae count !

Was reminiscing there and for me he was the best in the world,and always will be.....the goalie....the flying pig......whatever you call him he broke old Tommy burns heart....WATP

Ps, wiz educating my son on all the great goalies we have had and explaining how Andy was the best there ever was, Schmeichel eat your heart out.

You sometimes forget how good Goram really was. Feel really spolied to have so many good goalkeepers over the years.