Oduwa...showboating Can Bite You On The Chorus And Verse.

Uncle Bertrum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People remember moments like that, Kanchelskis standing on the ball, Moravcik controlling it with his arse, Baxters keepy uppy, Higuita and the scorpion kick, the Blanco bounce, Gazza flicking over Hendrys head..

Football is entertainment as well as competition.

Oduwa should be lauded for his skills, not slated. The so called "journalist" who wrote this shite should be ashamed at this dig at an extremely talented player, but I suspect that any concerted attempt by the Rangers support to redress the balance in favour of Oduwa will be met by howls of indignation by by the Record and indeed the rest of the biased Sports press in Scotland. Could anyone in the Spanish/Portugese/Italian/French press reporting on a young talented player's first game for his loan club and performing this bit of skill, even daring to criticise this? They would be laughed out of the profession.

Lifted from the BBC. Warburton's take..

Rangers boss Mark Warburton said: "I'm not always a big fan of that. But you've got to hope you develop a real talent - and he is a real talent.

"You've got to make sure you create the environment for those boys to flourish. That's the key. I'm delighted with how he played and delighted we've got him. But he has to realise that he's up here to learn.

"There's no lack of respect intended by any of the players, absolutely not. Nathan's just enjoying his football."

blimey seems the media don't give Rangers any credit .I watched the whole match and read some of the bigotry media reports about Oduwa .

really great game I was interested in Dominic Ball and feel he really is a huge prospectI watched him a couple of times he plays just in front of the back four .but what will impress you about him . he seems to create atacks very quickly needs just one touch to set a player of he drops just in front of the back four as extra cover and seems to have a great awareness when the opposition have a overlap. I'm shocked how Warbuton was able to get him . I rate him better than lamela or Townsend even at his development stage good luck you gers you will piss that league when you unleash Ball .

The whole idea for an attacking player in Oduwas position especially the style of player he is, is to get past the defender.

Now there are several ways to do this and the most common ways are to use a feint, trick or step over etc. Oduwa was more innovative or audacious and utilised a skill that he is accustomed to and for that he is getting criticised?

As a qualified coach of younger footballers myself one of the key things you drill into them is to use your imagination, be innovative, try something different and don't be afraid to make mistakes.

This ethos comes straight from the IFA coaching manual and to see the media response is sickening. In Norn Iron we have realised that we have lost a generation of dribblers and technically proficient footballers and it's something the IFA are actively trying to promote.

From my perspective this kid is playing the game in exactly the manner that fans love to see and he is expressing the skills that his professional coaches have encouraged.