Tavernier...i Really Don't Want To Say This Right Now.

Uncle Bertrum

No nothing like Sandy.

Agreed mate, Sandy Jardine can not be compared to in any way, other than it is exiting to watch Tav as it was to watch Sandy, but he would have to be around for some time to even get near to the class in style, both in attack and in defence, that Sandy had in abundance.

Even when he went to Herds it was with pride and a wee bit of fear when you watched this true professional ply his craft.

Players like Sandy are in the one in a million bracket, and I have seen many good full backs in a Rangers jersey, but young James Tavernier, as good as he is (In this division) is nowhere near Sandy's class and I doubt he ever will be.

Don't get me wrong, JT is looking promising and I am loving his type of full back at the Club, but to compare him to someone of Sandy's stature is ludicrous.

:uk:

We do a group bet in my work and I had £25 fgs on him vs St mirren at 16/1 last week. If only it was my turn the weekend there would have been swaggering into work today.

Early doors for Tavernier but so far he looks like one of our best signings in years. The guy is obviously very pacey, good delivery etc but I noticed he is absolutely solid and the opposition know all about it when he goes in 50/50.

I had the bears to win 5-1 and Tavernier first goal, shat myself twice near the end.Its the 1st time I've been glad that we have had goals chopped off.

post-57010-0-00043900-1439823640_thumb.p

Is he a wee bit like Sandy in Royal Blue?

Seriously, catch a grip mate.

Sandy Jardine was arguably the greatest full back Scotland ever produced.

Tavernier is doing well but will never come anywhere near Jardine.

The other day we had someone telling us that Andy Halliday could be the new Doddie........... I know :rolleyes:

Let's keep it real.

I had the bears to win 5-1 and Tavernier first goal, shat myself twice near the end.Its the 1st time I've been glad that we have had goals chopped off.

That is truly ace, well done u! (tu). A k for a fiver...you must have been ecstatic :D

Seriously, catch a grip mate.

Sandy Jardine was arguably the greatest full back Scotland ever produced.

Tavernier is doing well but will never come anywhere near Jardine.

The other day we had someone telling us that Andy Halliday could be the new Doddie........... I know :rolleyes:

Let's keep it real.

I know what Sandy was. He was superb.

I don't know how you can say Tavernier will never come anywhere near Jardine. When we had Caldow, I dare say those who saw Sandy playing centre forward (very successful though he was in that position), would never have thought Sandy would be a patch on one of the greatest full backs we'd ever seen.

When we had Johanssen, I suppose some would have rubbished the idea that Jardine would be as good.

If you want a list of great full backs who would never be surpassed, I''l give them to you. Just from the latter half of our history, there's been Shaw, Gray and Numan, never mind guys like Shearer Stevens and Robertson.

History is fluid, and great players will stamp their names on our history...no matter who came before them.

I'm just saying that Tavernier reminds me of how a Rangers great did, and I think he could strive on and make his mark.