Best Loan Signing?

TexasGers

MW has talked a lot about loan signings as being an important part of his recruitment philosophy, and we've already seen that with Oduwa and Ball coming in, and perhaps a few more in the next week or two. It got me thinking- who has been the most successful loan signing in Rangers history?

I'm hesitant to include Steven Davis since he ended up signing permanently, more guys that came in for one or two years and then left. The more recent ones I could think of (Aaron, Bardsley/Martin, Amdy Faye, etc.) were hardly impact signings so perhaps I'm forgetting some?

Weiss, diouf, djordic, Andy Webster (signed permanently)

The best was of course richard foster who we waited years after loaning him to finally get our man signed up on a permanent deal.

Can't believe I forgot about Weiss! I would say he would have to be considered one of the best

Davis

I'm not a huge fan of loan deals unless it is like Davis - an extended trial! While bringing in young talent is exciting - it's developing others assets - however it seems to be part of the modern development frame work and we take and give loan players so we / I just have to accept it.

Steven Davis, without a shadow of a doubt. It's a shame that, as club captain, he turned his back on us.

A special mention must go to Vlad Weiss. His humiliation of Hamilton, his goal on that cold night in Motherwell, his game-changing arrival in the CIS Cup final against Celtic at Hampden and of course, his love for the club.

For a privileged, no doubt spoiled Man City youth who's dad was his country's national manager, he didn't half fall in love with our club.

Davis

I'm not a huge fan of loan deals unless it is like Davis - an extended trial! While bringing in young talent is exciting - it's developing others assets - however it seems to be part of the modern development frame work and we take and give loan players so we / I just have to accept it.

Unfortunately this is the reality that we now exist in as we have been left miles behind when it comes to financial competition.
I don't think we will be able to compete with the big English or European clubs in the transfer market again until such times as when we will be involved in competitions that generate greater financial revenue.
For me we should have considered more seriously the possibility of joining the lower levels of the English leagues or something similar at the time we were so treacherously stabbed in the back and left to die by our so called fellow clubs in the now struggling Scottish set-up.