Athletic Bilbao "a Proper Football Club"

GOAT

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In certain circles in NI and Glasgow. Because iv had hassle before because of it, now I'd rather do without it. Because its that ridiculous a name suddenly means ur catholic or protestant or means ur gettin bother just because of ur name. Do u not find that pretty ridiculous that its like that coz I do?

Just use your full name mate. William, which is what your nickname 'Liam' is short for ??

Fuck all this dancing around the issue.

It's no accident that I'm a Protestant.

Generations long before us could see the RC church for evil, controlling cult it was and still is.

They made the decision to fight these backward cunts and to give us a life where we have freedom of expression without having to ask a priest if it's OK.

Look at the report today on child abuse in the RC church and you know it's better being a Protestant (and a bluenose too)

RTID.

Do you think other clubs worry about their history holding them back? They dont because there hasnt been a campaign to blacken their clubs name.

See as soon as someone says something like "we shouldnt let our history hold us back" i just think that theyre a daft cunt who has taken a spoon feeding of pish from the media and taigs.

Our history is one of the proudest in the World of Football and we have nothing to be ashamed of. The only reason they want us to be ashamed is jealously over the fact that they either have no history to speak of or have a history they actually should be ashamed of.

Some of our fans really want to take a loom at themselves. Handwringing ans taig pandering didnt make us the Club we are. Fuck the taigs and the media and fuck these idiots who want us to bow down to them.

Fuck all this dancing around the issue.

It's no accident that I'm a Protestant.

Generations long before us could see the RC church for evil, controlling cult it was and still is.

They made the decision to fight these backward cunts and to give us a life where we have freedom of expression without having to ask a priest if it's OK.

Look at the report today on child abuse in the RC church and you know it's better being a Protestant (and a bluenose too)

RTID.

It's better again being an atheist and a bluenose.

I know a Roma fan with a fondness for Celtic and the kind of cluelessly one-sided understanding of sectarianism in Scotland that only a tim or someone who has never actually set foot in Scotland could have and he once expressed an admiration for Athletic Bilbao's "traditions" and "cultural pride" to me. I asked him why he thought Rangers was an "evil" club for cherishing the exact same things and he said "it's completely different and you know it". When I asked him to explain why he got very angry and said I was being ridiculous. When pushed he refused to explain this apparently self-evident difference.

Lol. Prejudice. It's amazing how many the irony escapes in their hatred of Rangers.

I used to spend a lot of time in Madrid and Bilbao through work and was treated to a number of Bilbao games at the Mamés.

Bilbao fans will be delighted with last night's win, but they're a miserable support who are torn between their basque roots and making any sort of impact on Spanish football. The restrictions imposed by that, these days, are very loose, but that doesn't make for a good story, so it's often ignored.

The colleagues I attended matches with said the Basque connection was holding the club back.

Also, Spanish stadiums are disgusting. Covered in dust and not well kept. I'll admit, I've only been to the Nou Camp and the Manés.

Did you take your sanwiches in Tin foil for half time lol

Atheists are just as bad, it is still founded on belief that can't be proven.

Agnosticism is the way to go.

Atheist in that I lack belief. That's not just as bad.

Agnostic atheism is the way to go. But really, the atheist part says what I think about God, the agnostic part agnostic just explains why. :P

Atheists are just as bad, it is still founded on belief that can't be proven.

Agnosticism is the way to go.

I think you misunderstand the definition of Atheism.

If youre agnostic but you dont believe in God then you are an Agnostic Atheist.

Atheist in that I lack belief. That's not just as bad.

Agnostic atheism is the way to go. But really, the atheist part says what I think about God, the agnostic part agnostic just explains why. :P

I'd suggest your view of atheism is not the norm:

1. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.

I'd suggest your view of atheism is not the norm:

1. An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.
The norm? I don't really care if it's the norm, my man. It conforms to the definition of atheism, and the reasoning given above conforms to the definition of agnostic atheism.
'The atheist may however be, and not unfrequently is, an agnostic. There is an agnostic atheism or atheistic agnosticism, and the combination of atheism with agnosticism which may be so named is not an uncommon one.

If a man has failed to find any good reason for believing that there is a God, it is perfectly natural and rational that he should not believe that there is a God; and if so, he is an atheist... if he goes farther, and, after an investigation into the nature and reach of human knowledge, ending in the conclusion that the existence of God is incapable of proof, cease to believe in it on the ground that he cannot know it to be true, he is an agnostic and also an atheist – an agnostic-atheist – an atheist because an agnostic... while, then, it is erroneous to identify agnosticism and atheism, it is equally erroneous so to separate them as if the one were exclusive of the other...'