We Need Major Investment Over The Next 12 Months

GOAT

Whether it's King living up to his promises or a share issue. After tonight's embarrassment for the tarriers and losing out the CL pot of gold, we are not that far behind them, some major investment in time for next season and we can challenge them straight away.

Tonight is massive IMO for us, them getting a £15-20m kitty could have been a disaster for us.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mhank mate from work was making a big deal over the fact I was supporting Malmö.

Except for the fact the whole of Scottish football would not support us in Europe and wish us dead, I told him I don't want the gap getting any bigger.

Anyway, Celtic need us back challenging, how have the faired in Europe ever since we left the spl?

They'll turn on him now that's for sure. Big Virgil will be off quicker than a priest deleting his hard drive.

Anyway, the concept of sporting integrity and sell out Saturday's has come back and bit them. They have been downsizing over the last three years and if they thought a combination of Ciftci and Rughead Griffiths were going to shoot them into the CL then they were feckin deluded. It's Karma Timothy and the Magic Hat is coming to get you. Chortle

Agree. our squad from now to January is fine, in January we should be looking for id say at least one addition (improvement to current first 11) and possibly a further 1/2 on pre contracts for the summer, and then the summer with another 1 along with a couple of fringe players. Then, I think we'd be equipped to go toe to toe with them.

My mhank mate from work was making a big deal over the fact I was supporting Malmö.

Except for the fact the whole of Scottish football would not support us in Europe and wish us dead, I told him I don't want the gap getting any bigger.

Anyway, Celtic need us back challenging, how have the faired in Europe ever since we left the spl?

:anguish:

I don't agree with a single word of this. We don't need major investment, we need a scouting system that will get us value for money; the manager said value, and he proved adept at doing that. We have a manger who will look at Auchenhowie, and what we can produce there, and astute signings that will bring value on and off the park. There is a long term objective at this club now, and if we do this properly then it could lead to bright days ahead. Warburton will bring this club to the top, and he is already showing that he can possibly do that in a way we can afford.

They are in complete denial...that is the funniest thing about it. Celtc are a Europa League team and they are too ashamed to admit and accept it.

Malmo are not that much better than we are, and I've said it for 18 months now... if we were given £5m for transfer fees and and increased salary cap, we will challenge them.

They are scared. We know it, they know it. We are coming and it's going to be sweet.

They have been downsizing for years but their lemming fans have been that busy watching us they seem to have missed it.

Very true.

The fact you can shut them up by slating them for their lack of trebles tells you all you need to know as well.

The board are excellent at pulling the wool over the dumb bastard's eyes.

Still think we're a fair bit behind Celtic at the moment despite the early promise.

And spending great lumps and expecting players to gel and respond right away plus show consistency over the course of the season is a massive ask.

I agree them not having the extra 10-15m from group stage qualification is a boost for us.

They have been downsizing for years but their lemming fans have been that busy watching us they seem to have missed it.

Ha ha - you're right.. Have you seen the ghuest count below? They're turfed out of their hole but still grope for Rangers' fans websites.

Anyway, got some good news Bhoys67, Young Boys are in the Europa League - mmmmm you like that don't you?? Lol

I don't agree with a single word of this. We don't need major investment, we need a scouting system that will get us value for money; the manager said value, and he proved adept at doing that. We have a manger who will look at Auchenhowie, and what we can produce there, and astute signings that will bring value on and off the park. There is a long term objective at this club now, and if we do this properly then it could lead to bright days ahead. Warburton will bring this club to the top, and he is already showing that he can possibly do that in a way we can afford.

Let's say we raise £20-30m in a share issue over the next year. Money goes into all you mention but to scout we also need to buy.

This would certainly be the ideal situation..let's just hope it can be achieved.

You should pick your mates more carefully

Lol

He's one of the very few that likes football and can get a banter with, other than him there's a Motherwell fan, hibs fan (been off sick ever since we beat them at ibrox) and a Newcastle fan. A few rangers fans but they are sure based.

None of them are bitter.

We never have been that far behind them...I have always said we should be challenging them for the league at the first go I still believe we will be get them into march/April next year within 4/5 points and we will win that league they have went backwards in 3 years but more importantly they still bottle it under pressure

We really could challenge them for the title in the next 2-3 years. They've relied on their scouting network to replace quality departing players with youngsters for too long, and haven't brought in anyone of real quality (besides Gordon) for a while. Boyata, Bitton, Armstong and Allan are hardly good replacements for Van Djik, Wanyama, Ledley and Hooper.

If we buy well, and build on the team we have at the moment, we can beat them. We'll need to add a bit of physicality in Midfield, sort out the defence, and get a clinical goalscorer upfront. 3 more quality signings, and a year of the current team gelling and improving, then we can challenge. A few more signings after that, and with a year of SPL football under our belts, we would have as good a chance as any to win the league.