Did Mcgregor And Zaluskis Get Paid Of?

johnOban

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Percentage. No big deal. Paying someone (that the current manager would not have played, his having had nothing to do with bringing the player in) off at a percentage seems reasonable way to go about things.

They had no future, so pay off an immediate % of their contract rather than have the players around the club on a full contract and other costs. Seems the sensible way to pay off a couple of McCoist legacy signings, saving money inbthe long run.

Calling McGregor a McCoist Legacy signing is a bit unfair IMO,he didn't fit into Warburton's style of play so he let him leave but just to lump him in with some of the McCoist failures last year doesn't do McGregor justice.

They had no future, so pay off an immediate % of their contract rather than have the players around the club on a full contract and other costs. Seems the sensible way to pay off a couple of McCoist legacy signings, saving money inbthe long run.

If only McCoist would have done the same

I think it's a matter of respect from the manager. He will not have players sitting around with a false hope of getting a game if he as no intention of playing them, so it's best for all concerned, for their sake as well, if they go. It comes across that Mark Warburton is a player's manager; he treats players properly, and it would appear he was fully honest with the players he released, and most probably wished them well. Any other way of treating a player would not only be disrespectful, but it would be immature as well; and that doesn't look to be this manager's style.

Calling McGregor a McCoist Legacy signing is a bit unfair IMO,he didn't fit into Warburton's style of play so he let him leave but just to lump him in with some of the McCoist failures last year doesn't do McGregor justice.

You are right about McGregor, I didn't intend to be harsh about him. I guess I just blanked out last season to the back of my mind, forgetting some of the good points such as McGregor.