Your First Ever Cup Final?

Gaz52

I was 9, we beat Ayr 4-0 in the League Cup Final 2001/2002 season. Even though it was Ayr United we were playing it was magical to experience the atmosphere and see Rangers lift a trophy in the flesh - albeit it was at Hampden so I could barely see a thing but you get the point.

What was yours and what was the result?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it was my first, but the first I can remember was either cup final at the piggery vs the sheep to win the treble. After that it was the league cup final against Hibs at the piggery, then the cup final vs Hearts at the piggery.

My first Hampden cup final was the 4-0 against the sheep I'm sure. Don't quote me on that though.

1979 league cup final against Aberdeen, we won 2-1 after being 1-0 down.

Big Bomber Jackson scored the winner in the last minute.

Was also at the 3 Scottish cup finals against Hibs that season. 0-0, 0-0, then and we won the third game 3-2 in a soaking Hampden after extra time.

I don't think we will ever see 3 Scottish cup finals in the one season again.

1998 League Cup Final at the piggery of all places (hospitality meal at Ibrox first through a customer of my old man's work). 2-1 win, goals from Guivarc'h and Albertz. Don't remember it being a particularly good game except for the result.

Not sure if it was my first, but the first I can remember was either cup final at the piggery vs the sheep to win the treble. After that it was the league cup final against Hibs at the piggery, then the cup final vs Hearts at the piggery.

My first Hampden cup final was the 4-0 against the sheep I'm sure. Don't quote me on that though.

That was the 1993 game at the piggery, They played a friendly after that as that was the last official game of the old jungle and they hated the fact we were in it.

We won 2-1 will Mark Hateley and Neil Murray of all people our scores..

The Hibs league cup final was 5 months later the following season,

That was the 1993 game at the piggery, They played a friendly after that as that was the last official game of the old jungle and they hated the fact we were in it.

We won 2-1 will Mark Hateley and Neil Murray of all people our scores..

Yeah I remember that, chase away the blues or some pish they called it. Pathetic

Scottish Cup 49 / 50 we beat East Fife 3-0. Greatest defence ever, Brown, Young,Shaw, McColl, Woodburn, Cox. Their manager Scot Symon. Over 100,000 there.

We were a great team then. Let's hope those days come back/

Good post and my dad used to educate me about those great players.