Nathan Oduwa Falling For The Club

NeoGeo7

The lad loves to play football and entertain. You just have to see the big smile on his face when he comes on as a sub to know that he loves what he does and he does it well.

From what I gather his contract is up next summer (though there were talks of a new deal being discussed/signed before the loan but can't see anywhere confirming this) and I'm just wondering if we were to be successful enough this year would there be a chance he'd have fallen for the club enough to move here?

Personally I think it's unlikely given Spurs will most likely want to keep him but he's been so vocal on the club and now the fans and we're only just into September.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oduwa has never even hit a shot yet, he nearly smashed a shot in last game from the edge of the boxbut he got tackled before he hit it, I think he will start hitting a few more shots and score some goals and be a great player for us as well as his amazing trickery

Oduwa has never even hit a shot yet, he nearly smashed a shot in last game from the edge of the boxbut he got tackled before he hit it, I think he will start hitting a few more shots and score some goals and be a great player for us as well as his amazing trickery

It is not just shots, his decision making has been poor so far. Barrie offers more to the team than Oduwa atm, s goal threat and lots of assists.

All the flicks and tricks in the world are useless without an end product. He has to assist and score more goals to be the real deal. Early signs are good though, he has the raw talent to become a tremendous player and i have no doubt Mr Warburton can develop him into that.

To be honest though Barrie McKay has had a lot more game time than Oduwa (which he's probably earned because of Warburton's belief in his great ability and how good he plays ever week, well done!) but Oduwa is still a great player and we couldn't have a better alternative to McKay than Oduwa to sub on etc, even if Oduwa hasn't had end product yet he is only 19 and looks sensational at times

All the flicks and tricks in the world are useless without an end product. He has to assist and score more goals to be the real deal. Early signs are good though, he has the raw talent to become a tremendous player and i have no doubt Mr Warburton can develop him into that.

Not comparing the two but Ronaldo was seen as a show pony and nothing other than that then became absolutely world class.

Not comparing the two but Ronaldo was seen as a show pony and nothing other than that then became absolutely world class.

I was about to say this exact thing, his first couple of seasons at united he was a nightmare at times for losing the ball and poor decision making. also I am not comparing the two either lol

I was about to say this exact thing, his first couple of seasons at united he was a nightmare at times for losing the ball and poor decision making. also I am not comparing the two either lol

Show ponys sometimes develop into excellent players.

I fear young Nathans future lies away from us (probably not at Spurs long term) but he is a real breath of fresh air and we should enjoy him while we have him with us

I think he needs to learn fast get a end product, cause if we ever started goin a few sticky games he would be prime target for fans. Hes great to watch just needs to pick out better cutting passes. Like him defo though and warburton will make him 10 times the player

Show ponys sometimes develop into excellent players.

I fear young Nathans future lies away from us (probably not at Spurs long term) but he is a real breath of fresh air and we should enjoy him while we have him with us

I agree it is good to have a player who gets us on the edge of our seats for a change, our position as a selling club these days means that we have to enjoy our best players as it is only a matter of time before the vultures start circling (Tav springs to mind).

I agree it is good to have a player who gets us on the edge of our seats for a change, our position as a selling club these days means that we have to enjoy our best players as it is only a matter of time before the vultures start circling (Tav springs to mind).

I would be tying Tavernier and Waghorn down to new 100 year contracts today.

Even a selling club must hold on to players who offer that much to us

I would be tying Tavernier and Waghorn down to new 100 year contracts today.

Even a selling club must hold on to players who offer that much to us

haha aye we should be like the dundee hivs guy from years ago who put his young guys on really long contracts( I can't remember his name)

that is true but unfortunately in Scotland every player has his price, hopefully though we start getting what our players are worth rather than losing them for next to fook all.

haha aye we should be like the dundee hivs guy from years ago who put his young guys on really long contracts( I can't remember his name)

that is true but unfortunately in Scotland every player has his price, hopefully though we start getting what our players are worth rather than losing them for next to fook all.

They should not have been given 3 year deals anyway neither should Mr Warburton

The three of them are worth millions each

They should not have been given 3 year deals anyway neither should Mr Warburton

The three of them are worth millions each

I think we were just being cautious after some of the previous contracts we had handed out, at the end of this season we should definitely looking to extend those 3 contracts by 2 years so as to ensure full value if we sell any(hopefully not).