Mccoist Deal Agreed - Club Statement

Brightside

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Agreement could have been reached earlier but it has been difficult for us to get an opportunity to sit together and talk everything through"

The board have been in what 6 months now and done a lot of great work but don't seriously tell me this is the first chance they have had to talk to Ally. Looks like he has another job which he wouldn't have been able to take whilst employed with Rangers still. That will be why he has now decided to speak with the board and agree termination.

As a poster said above Ally could yet prove to be a key figure in the next few months, Maybe afterwards he will return the money he has been paid since handing ion his notice? If not we just move on and leave his management where it belongs in the past.

The ONE good thing he did during his tenure was to stand up for us when our titles were at risk in the 5 way agreement. Green would have given them up in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, he should have walked away without a penny the day he tendered his resignation. Too little, too late.

The ONE good thing he did during his tenure was to stand up for us when our titles were at risk in the 5 way agreement. Green would have given them up in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, he should have walked away without a penny the day he tendered his resignation. Too little, too late.

Something that should never be forgotten.

It's still going to take me a long time to feel forgiveness towards him however for the money he's sat and taken.

"Agreement could have been reached earlier but it has been difficult for us to get an opportunity to sit together and talk everything through"

The board have been in what 6 months now and done a lot of great work but don't seriously tell me this is the first chance they have had to talk to Ally. Looks like he has another job which he wouldn't have been able to take whilst employed with Rangers still. That will be why he has now decided to speak with the board and agree termination.

As a poster said above Ally could yet prove to be a key figure in the next few months, Maybe afterwards he will return the money he has been paid since handing ion his notice? If not we just move on and leave his management where it belongs in the past.

So we paid Ally wages for 6 months because everyone was too busy to get together for 1-2 hours and negotiate an end to the payments???? Seems like a porky to me because in May, King said the following:

Rangers chairman-elect King is dismissive of any suggestion McCoist’s standing at the club, where he was one of their most decorated players and the leading goalscorer of all time, could be damaged by the situation. “Ally is perfectly within his rights and there is no conflict between Ally and the board,” said King.

“Ally is an absolute icon and legend at Rangers and I would be very surprised and disappointed if any of the discussions we had with him resulted in any change to that status, or if he felt in any way unwelcome, because we will make him feel extremely welcome when he comes back to the club.

“To me, the situation has been resolved with Ally. The fact is that Ally is entitled to his money. That was the deal – so I don’t think there is any situation to be resolved.