A Positive Worth Mentioning.

Clemdog

Our defence.

Whilst Wilson had an off day today, with a few misplaced passes, I think we've definitely improved since our first few games.

Another clean sheet, and I know we've hardly been tested, but when we're being countered it's often only 3 of our players against at least 3 of the opposition players. Thats never going to be easy to cope with no matter what League we're playing in.

We've also looked solid at opposition set pieces. Again we came up against a big physical side today, who had corners and free kicks, yet there was no real danger. Even with two men left up front. :pipe:

We've had plenty of plaudits for our attacking ability this Season, quite rightly, but I also think we've solidified our defence which a lot thought we wouldn't. I'd imagine those plaudits should be angled towards Davie Weir.

Something I was thinking about recently too.

I know the big guy Kiernan at the back get's a bit of stick but he's the type of defender that in a way reminds me of Weir and Amoruso (I'm not making a direct comparison) the way when he has no time to think and has to act instinctively with a header or tackle he looks superb.

It's also worth noting the standard of opposition. The big tests have still to come. But in the meantime, yup, it's pleasing so far.

I feel we still have plenty room for improvement as harsh on them as that may sound.

Wilson's passing isn't all that it should be, but he makes up for that in solid, no nonsense manner of defending. I thought he had some good blocks and tackles today and that no one would get past him, despite his wayward passing at times.

Our defence.

Whilst Wilson had an off day today, with a few misplaced passes, I think we've definitely improved since our first few games.

Another clean sheet, and I know we've hardly been tested, but when we're being countered it's often only 3 of our players against at least 3 of the opposition players. Thats never going to be easy to cope with no matter what League we're playing in.

We've also looked solid at opposition set pieces. Again we came up against a big physical side today, who had corners and free kicks, yet there was no real danger. Even with two men left up front. :pipe:

We've had plenty of plaudits for our attacking ability this Season, quite rightly, but I also think we've solidified our defence which a lot thought we wouldn't. I'd imagine those plaudits should be angled towards Davie Weir.

Well summed up Ben, a massive difference in our defence this year, even with our marauding full-backs.

Kiernan should have been awarded man of the match today, imo.

Fine performance.

Both he and Wilson are developing a good partnership, one being the aggressor, with the other covering.

Also I prefer a right and left footed pairing at the back.

Ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned

Wilson's passing isn't all that it should be, but he makes up for that in solid, no nonsense manner of defending. I thought he had some good blocks and tackles today and that no one would get past him, despite his wayward passing at times.

He looked fucked later on

Big Rob was my MOTM today by a distance.

On a day when our midfield play was slack and we invited the ball onto us he was firm in the tackle, excellent in the air and generally looked like the sort that if we were under the ciosh he'd relish it.

Danny Wilson still gets caught a bit flat footed for me but then again i'd defend him by saying he's still adapting to pushing out fo cover the full back.

Defence showing signs of clicking. Even wee things like passbacksi now going to Foderinghams favoured foot etc

Feeling positive all in all.

Not necessarily disagreeing. The defence has pretty much done everything that's been asked of it, but I think it'll be better judged when we play a stronger team.

Alot of people are saying that St Johnstone will be the first real test, but I'm not sure I buy into that. They'll do exactly what every other team has done against us this season and get men behind the ball.

I think our first real test will come when we play a Aberdeen, Hearts or a Celtic.

I cannot see anyone else beating us this season barring us being very complacent and our opponents being very lucky in a game.

Not necessarily disagreeing. The defence has pretty much done everything that's been asked of it, but I think it'll be better judged when we play a stronger team.

Alot of people are saying that St Johnstone will be the first real test, but I'm not sure I buy into that. They'll do exactly what every other team has done against us this season and get men behind the ball.

I think our first real test will come when we play a Aberdeen, Hearts or a Celtic.

I cannot see anyone else beating us this season barring us being very complacent and our opponents being very lucky in a game.

That being said, we beat both Hearts and St Johnstone last season so for me one off games don't mean as much. We are all keen to see what level we are actually at but I think it will be next season before we truly find out. For the record I would be confident against ANY team in Scotland right now... Bring them on

That being said, we beat both Hearts and St Johnstone last season so for me one off games don't mean as much. We are all keen to see what level we are actually at but I think it will be next season before we truly find out. For the record I would be confident against ANY team in Scotland right now... Bring them on

I agree. We're definitely capable of beating any team in Scotland right now if we perform at our best.

Part of me is hoping we draw the tarriers.

It's inevitable with this system that we will get caught out with the FBs pushed on and lose the odd goal.

If we start losing goals from set plays I'll be more concerned

I could easily see us moving to a 3-5-2 or some other formation with three centre backs when we move up a league.