Team Photo

WeirFleckNRothen

I don't normally buy the match programme because I'm usually running late and don't have time, but I bought one yesterday and had a wee read at half-time.

In the section where the team photo was covered, the entire squad and management at Ibrox, I noticed that, whilst everyone's feet were shoulders length apart, palms on knees, arms straight, head high like good Protestant men as the like of Greig, Jardine, Gough, Gascoigne and Laudrup had done before them, Clark and Templeton were holding hands and having a right wee laugh.

The pictures in the programme covered the whole photo shoot, but I've just seen (what I assume is) the official snapshot and on the front row, left of the camera, they're holding hands.

Bear in mind, I will not lose any sleep over this and I'm not easily offended, but this irritated me. You don't piss about when officially representing the Queen's eleven.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it is in stark contrast to the seriousness of how our great managers and the rest of the team look in the photo. If it was such a huge mistake i'm sure the club wouldn't have chose this version to be the official team photo though. Although it clearly shows a lack of focus from them on what is currently happening around them they should take a page from Shiels' or Kiernan's or Tavernier's book and posed like them

What the hell does religion have to do with a team photo? It's more to do with being proud of the Jersey and being part of something special. Being Protestant has absolutely fuck all to do with it....

Shut the fuck up, you jumped-up mug.

It was a light-hearted reference to our club's heritage.

I tried to post the picture but it doens't let you post a link to a photobucket photo on this forum for soem reason, it seems very difficult to try and post a picture on this forum somehow and it doesn't let you easily.

I hav the picture saved in my gallery of RFC pics but can't even post it.

Does anyone know instructions how to include a picture in your post? Thanks in advance

What the hell does religion have to do with a team photo? It's more to do with being proud of the Jersey and being part of something special. Being Protestant has absolutely fuck all to do with it....

Fuck off. is it offensive to even mention the fact they were protestant now?

I would mention footballing matters first before religional even if it was a joke, although to go on about this matter sours the atmosphere in the forum, we should just be happy at how great our club is and players and managers are and how hard they work every day