Official Rangers Pub

As im sure many have noticed, the WRC and the Louden are chock a block these days, I normally go into WRC for a couple before game when i get off the bus, but these days its so jam packed that you only have time for one pint,even with the 2 bars open in there. I had my Daughter the other day so didnt even bother getting a drink because i knew it would be take ages just for one pint and you end up boilin :lol:

Surely the Club should take advantage of this. Why is there not a Club owned pub i the area,theres more than enough people to fill it on match days,the fact that theres only one pub between where the busses stop and the ground means the WRC is constantly busy before match days,the club could make good money if they opened a big wetherspoons type pub near Ibrox that could do food for families etc.

Couldnt they do something like put a big beer tent in the carpark before games? the parking areas behind the Broomloan always have plenty of room.

I just think its surprising that the club has never taken advantage of this.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always go into the park after the game but last week a couple of guys belted a song out and a guy ran over to them to tell them to wrap it.

The rest of the fans in the pub looked in shock that they had the audacity to sing a song. Fkn shocking that you can't belt out a song after a 5-0 win.

Think that given the bar inside Ibrox (at the Copland / SJ corner ) is always chocabloc anytime I've been in there is a definite opportunity.

Guess there's just not the appetite or the funds available by the club to get it off the ground. The fact the Louden is still around suggest that even only opening matchdays can prove profitable, and I'm sure many bears would rather the club benefited directly than an external private business.

I always go into the park after the game but last week a couple of guys belted a song out and a guy ran over to them to tell them to wrap it.

The rest of the fans in the pub looked in shock that they had the audacity to sing a song. Fkn shocking that you can't belt out a song after a 5-0 win.

The Park is frequented by tarriers, anyone that gives them cash is daft.

As im sure many have noticed, the WRC and the Louden are chock a block these days, I normally go into WRC for a couple before game when i get off the bus, but these days its so jam packed that you only have time for one pint,even with the 2 bars open in there. I had my Daughter the other day so didnt even bother getting a drink because i knew it would be take ages just for one pint and you end up boilin :lol:

Surely the Club should take advantage of this. Why is there not a Club owned pub i the area,theres more than enough people to fill it on match days,the fact that theres only one pub between where the busses stop and the ground means the WRC is constantly busy before match days,the club could make good money if they opened a big wetherspoons type pub near Ibrox that could do food for families etc.

Couldnt they do something like put a big beer tent in the carpark before games? the parking areas behind the Broomloan always have plenty of room.

I just think its surprising that the club has never taken advantage of this.

Club should not take on any additional overhead until it is running in the black. Folks were saying that we needed to sell merchandise at the airport (as well as in Belfast) and those ventures did not pan out too well.

You would think they could put some of their profits into improving the places - the WRC is an absolute shit hold and The Louden is getting a bit tired too.

Id say both of them are in great condition?

I really like both pubs, i just wish there was more room in them :lol:

The Louden has not long been done up, you're talking as if it's no been done up in 20 years or something.

Id say both of them are in great condition?

I really like both pubs, i just wish there was more room in them :lol:

The WRC is falling to pieces, toilets are an absolute disgrace.

The Louden looks impressive when you first walk in, the bar especially - but if you have a good look around there's a few things that could be done.

Thought the same walking by Edmiston House, could be a massive pub/museum type building with hotel on top for our european nights returning. I go to louden and always think it could do with a terrace/1st floor decking area outside with a retractable roof :P and an extra bar :D