Official Rangers Pub

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had a flood light installed 2 weeks ago (described as being like the sun in a facebook post by a longtime regular :lol:) as its now getting to the winter months and as far as I'm aware TV's aren't allowed outside due to licensing restrictions - but I'm going to be checking that up prior to the work being done on our extension that we recently got planning permission through for.

GM

Good to hear about the lighting (tu)

Extension as in upstairs or out the back?

Fucking hell your moaning about the state inside , you go in the RL for fuck sake :lol:

Never speak ill of the Lion Rouge!

Regular occurance waking up after a weekend bender smelling like bleach and shame :anguish:

Good to hear about the lighting (tu)

Extension as in upstairs or out the back?

We have planning for a 3rd bar replacing the bottle bar, new toilet facilities and improvements to the beer garden and (amongst others) - we are speaking to architects about potential developments upstairs and its something we are looking at - that would be a few years away though

GM

I also think that is wrong in our case - we have plenty of staff and three separate serving areas.

I really don't see how you would spend "half your time" waiting to be served.

GM

Service at the bar is very decent for what is a packed pub , the bottle bar at the back is a godsend , don't think I have ever waited more than 2 minutes to be served there

Not a fan of the Louden or the Wee Rangers Club tbh ...much better in the likes of the Grapes or Red Lion but I agree with the gist - said for years Rangers should have an official bar in the vicinity for match day - make an absolute killing.

Was in the grapes after the St mirren game , was a brilliant wee sing song that night

For those travelling by public transport, far easier to have a couple of pints in one of the city centre boozers where the prices are reasonable and waiting time next to none. Wetherspoons (for example) have numerous city centre locations and the choices are many (real ale ya' bass), then dash into the subway station nearest you and Bob's your Granny......Ibrox awaits.

Club should not take on any additional overhead until it is running in the black. Folks were saying that we needed to sell merchandise at the airport (as well as in Belfast) and those ventures did not pan out too well.

I think that is a little short sighted Hoosier

Retail shops in expensive​ rental areas like airports are one thing. However, as the OP pointed out, the pubs around Ibrox on Match days (and even away days) are very busy and will make good profits from that. If it was properly assessed as a good income stream then it could provide a useful income stream to get us back in the black more quickly

A few pre match pints in the town for me and my pals, not quite the same atmosphere but a few steiners in Bier Halle fair puts a skelp on. I would like to have a club house at Ibrox, similar to German and Dutch clubs, with plenty of room and profits going to the club.

Definitely an avenue in there somewhere. Really what we need to do is lead the charge on the alcohol issue, eventually designate parts of the surrounding area for pop-up matchday bars under large gazebos. Get the tunes blasting round the stadium too and get people down nice and early.

I never bother trying to get to the Louden pre-game, because you can't get near the bar. I always have my pint or three in the City Centre and then jump the Subway.

If I was able to have a beer in the surrounding area of the stadium or in the concourse, I'd definitely head down earlier though and that's lost revenue.

Selling bottles and cans of beer and cider in wee plastic cups at £4 a pop, the club would likely sell 10,000 plus on a matchday, at a tidy profit too.

Definitely an avenue in there somewhere. Really what we need to do is lead the charge on the alcohol issue, eventually designate parts of the surrounding area for pop-up matchday bars under large gazebos. Get the tunes blasting round the stadium too and get people down nice and early.

I never bother trying to get to the Louden pre-game, because you can't get near the bar. I always have my pint or three in the City Centre and then jump the Subway.

If I was able to have a beer in the surrounding area of the stadium or in the concourse, I'd definitely head down earlier though and that's lost revenue.

Selling bottles and cans of beer and cider in wee plastic cups at £4 a pop, the club would likely sell 10,000 plus on a matchday, at a tidy profit too.

I worry about the standard of warm bottles of beer and cider for large crowd. I have seen these types of machines for large crowds working well. Judging by the standard of the catering at Ibrox, we may be served a pint more roasting than the pies

"http://youtu.be/wiu_IX14wLI"]http://youtu.be/wiu_IX14wLI

Always in the Neptune before the game, swally cheap enough but there was Hearts fans in for the re-arranged game which pissed a lot of folk off. Think the boy who used to run things has left n some other boy has started who doesn't seem to be the greatest. Was shut Hibs game aswell.

Louden was serious busy for the Hibs game, wee burd behind the bar made the wait worth while right enough.

I can see the point of the folk that own the pubs, obv they could do without the competition and id much rather drink in the Louden or WRC than any other pub because they're owned by Bears.

But it does take like 15 mins to get a pint on.match days. I just wish there was another pub between Ibrox and the bus drop so Bears cld at least have a couple pints before the game.

And yes i love the Louden and Wrc but theres no hope for most fans in there on match day so at the very least another pub would make the others step their game up a bit

Haven't seen big RM 4 a few years since he had the Louden on Duke St(used to go in with my missus regular) but I can assure you he def dsnt have an s/t at the Piggery ? Someone Gota b taking the piss with that lol.

Another Rangers Bar around the Stadium or some form of match day money making venture for the club would be a welcome return, however, we all know Plod Scotland ain't Gona allow beer tents, tbh you would have some mhank reporter with a camera just waiting to catch someone on film n get them the jail, so wouldn't fancy it anyway.

I'm new on here so go easy guys??

WATP