Warburton Ruling Out Jan Spending Spree

K.A.I

I'm on my phone so can't paste the article but he says it would disrupt squad harmony bringing a load of new faces in

I totally agree with him and it's something I thought myself when King mentioned spending

I appreciate we need to have an eye on top flight next season but he's proven he can get players to gel and work well in a system - next summer will be more of the same if we do good business

Totally sensible approach imo

A lot of people, mainly the press, jumped on what King said about January as if we are going to splash the cash.

As above, we'll only sign someone for the right price who will add 'quality to the squad'.

And u know what will happen when we don't sign players for millions??? King will be accused of lying. The old skint accusations will come out again.

Even tho there will be no need to spend we will be critiqued heavily for not doing so.

And u know what will happen when we don't sign players for millions??? King will be accused of lying. The old skint accusations will come out again.

Even tho there will be no need to spend we will be critiqued heavily for not doing so.

I think the skint accusations are more to do with him not paying Ashley back his 5 million when he promised to do so in his wee manifesto - he did promise to repay the money didn't he or am I mistaken?

No sane rational Rangers fan really expects us to spend the 30 million he promised to get out of the second tier. That's insane.

If a player/s become available and MW thinks they will add to the quality of the squad im sure he will make moves but they must be bringing something that we don't already have and must also be adding value to the squad.Im pretty sure that MW knows full well what we will need or not need.

Think Warburton speaks lot of sense.

If there is value then sign them, but more so plan ahead for next season, if we can secure some pre contract players who fit the team, ethos and work ethic then get them ready for future challenges.

I'd imagine players who can sign pre contracts are already identified and being assessed.

Going by the interviews he gives RangersTV, and during press conferences etc, then the contrary is to be believed.

Said he already has January targets, and I'd think he'll be bringing them in.

He also said something about a 7 figure sum.

Also said, when we stop strengthening that's when we're finished as a football club, I'm sure the lads wouldn't mind the squad being strengthened, after all - It's about us, Rangers FC, winning.

Think it goes without saying he will be looking in Jan for next season and if an amazing player becomes available in Jan out the blue he'd obviously Jump at it but what I took from it was in general there won't be an active signing policy in Jan as upsetting the mix can ruin what we've got

Think that's a good attitude but it won't mean he doesn't want to keep improving either

Any signings we make will be pre contracts for next season.

Agree, I dont think we'll necessariliy bring in anyone in Jan unless injuries have become an issue or performances have taken a real turn for the worse. At the moment the squad us adequate. I think it will all be about building for next season.

I think the skint accusations are more to do with him not paying Ashley back his 5 million when he promised to do so in his wee manifesto - he did promise to repay the money didn't he or am I mistaken?

No sane rational Rangers fan really expects us to spend the 30 million he promised to get out of the second tier. That's insane.

You're mistaken. Seems to be a common theme