I'll Admit I Doubted Waghorn

Gaz52

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to post the same thing.

He has totally surprised me, could easily go on to be a huge player for us, and seems the type that won't jump ship for more money. A rarity in the modern game.

Yeah totally agree. You just know by the way he talks and carries himself he's a Ger. A proper one.

One of our better players in what is the best performing team in years tells you how highly i rate Waggy.

In saying that he is just in my top 5 players. Tavernier, Holt, Wallace, young Nathan then him and that isn't mentioning the other quality players we have in the team.

once he gets a little calmer infront of goal he will be sensational, I think he still gets excited and his brain is working faster than his feet.

Kinda the way miller was in his younger days. Give him a one on one where he has time he misses it. Give him a 25 yarder and its in.

Miller will be the perfect player for him to learn from

well maybe I`ll buck the trend just a wee bit. I think through the middle waghorn is wasted and ineffective. When he`s on the right he is brilliant. Kenny Miller will see us through this season but we need a quality striker for next season.I`d like to see someone through the middle that is a threat when we cross the ball. Wag horns threat is when he comes in from the right and hits them. His work rate and hold up / link up play is brilliant at times.Yes he will score 25+ this season with at least 10 being penalties. I`m also very happy that we now have a penalty taker we can 100% trust.

well maybe I`ll buck the trend just a wee bit. I think through the middle waghorn is wasted and ineffective. When he`s on the right he is brilliant. Kenny Miller will see us through this season but we need a quality striker for next season.I`d like to see someone through the middle that is a threat when we cross the ball. Wag horns threat is when he comes in from the right and hits them. His work rate and hold up / link up play is brilliant at times.Yes he will score 25+ this season with at least 10 being penalties. I`m also very happy that we now have a penalty taker we can 100% trust.

This (tu)

once he gets a little calmer infront of goal he will be sensational, I think he still gets excited and his brain is working faster than his feet.

Think it was the Livi game he tried to remain calm and place it in the corner but his shot went straight to the keeper,this to me shows he is working on his composure.

As another poster mentioned he is very much like Kenny Miller was in his younger days with finishing not his strongest trait.

If he can replicate what Kenny has achieved then we have a good player,just don't copy his move to the tarriers for fuck sake.

Would like to see Waghorn play with a settled front line, feel the team are still very much in the development stage, mouthwatering prospect.

Not sure if i'll get pelters for this,but think he could turn into a Micheal Mols. The boy seems to have the lot in his locker and will only improve as we move forward. Really impressed with him.

We still need a striker Waghorn played well yesterday but for me he's better coming in from the right he's not Pacy enough to be a striker but has great feet and is a tricky player out wide.

I thought as a team we performed well but would rather see Oduwa start than Miller we missed Holt yesterday.

I honestly couldn't be happier about the team and the Management though.

I think Waggy is best suited in that Hulk (Brazil not Marvel) type role. Big powerful unit cutting in off the right and striking it with a powerful left foot.

Think he does it quite well.

Unfortunately I think wee Barrie also operates best when out on the right and I like seeing both in the team. Hes done well out on the left aswell but then Oduwa gets dropped.

Not bad problems to have mind you.