I'll Admit I Doubted Waghorn

Gaz52

I knew from watching him play before and Mark's (the RM Wigan fan) scouting report on him that he was a good footballer with a tremendous work rate, pretty good with the ball at his feet, eye for a pass etc...

I knew we were getting a good player but I did have my doubts whether or not he would bang in the goals week in week out but the stats speak for themselves, he'll probably go on to hit 25+ in my honest opinion, the way he puts penalties away is brilliant and the we play football now we force the opposition in to committing fouls inside the area so there will always be that chance. Even the goals he scores from open play are done with a touch of class, yeah fair enough he's missed a few but what striker doesn't?

I'm more than happy with the big man and that my doubts were all wrong about him, what a player we've got here :21:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When he's banging them in from open play against Celtic and Aberdeen then you can say you were wrong.

Take your point greater tests will come however if the OP doubted Waghorn would bang in goals week in week out then he he is right in saying his doubts have been proven unfounded.

Long may it continue.

I thought he should be further forward, but when we are playing every game in & around the opposition's box that wouldn't be obvious. We will see when we are back the pitch more.

Nicky Clark has been pish at times, but gets himself chances more.

I thought he should be further forward, but when we are playing every game in & around the opposition's box that wouldn't be obvious. We will see when we are back the pitch more.

Nicky Clark has been pish at times, but gets himself chances more.

Is that you Yoda?

This boy is the real deal.Nutmegs and letting defenders commit themselves as he slows the ball down is his trade marks. Knew this boy would turn out good as soon as he found his shooting boots.Really impressed with the Wagster. Did someone mention daly. Thank F'ck he's a goner.

It was Halliday I doubted. He was the one I was underwhelmed by, but by God he's a class act.

Was going to post the same thing.

He has totally surprised me, could easily go on to be a huge player for us, and seems the type that won't jump ship for more money. A rarity in the modern game.

Oddly I never doubted Halliday.

I seen that pinger he hit against Chelsea for Bradford in the FA Cup and thought... if he can do that for us, we're in good shape.

Edit: Funnily enough, he did do that for us, in his debut.

Oddly I never doubted Halliday.

I seen that pinger he hit against Chelsea for Bradford in the FA Cup and thought... if he can do that for us, we're in good shape.

Edit: Funnily enough, he did do that for us, in his debut.

And so nearly again today