"we Are Coming"

King Jela

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, its a defeat. Not the end of the world.

We are not yet ready to challenge for the top title, but its good to find this out early than to go up unprepared.

King has to step up in the transfer market and back Warburton with the quality that we will need.

We have the nucleus of a good young squad. Guys like Tavernier and Waghorn are good players and still young enough to progress. Guys like Holt might be a bit rough yet, but they have time to grow.

We need to win this division and then add some real quality to the squad so that we are in a position to challenge.

Can tonight's result please put an end to this embarrassing, cringey, pish patter now ? We're clearly nowhere near where we want to be yet. Nowhere fucking near it.

We were out-thought, out-fought and comfortably pumped by a mid-table SPFL club.

Reality check needed.

Exactly - and those on here that constantly say we will pump the opposition by 4 or 5 every week, know absolutely fuck all about football.

However, hopefully the manager and players will use tonight to recognise what we need to work on in order to improve.

Back to the bread n butter of the league at the weekend. Lets see how the players bounce back from a defeat. This shows that there's work to be done but we're still only 3 months in to the plan so I'm still content where we are. Disappointed tonight but more than happy with the progress to date.

I think, as a support & possibly as a team, we've bought into the hype a little to deeply.

It's clear that the step up to Prem is bigger than many here believed, professional players who know the game, not spectacular but certainly understand how to play.

We showed a bit of neivity in our play, lots of possession but no real penetration from our attack, as for the defends its clear that there is work to be done, possibly reigning in our fullbacks who, in going forward, left our 2 CHs exposed.

Exactly - and those on here that constantly say we will pump the opposition by 4 or 5 every week, know absolutely fuck all about football.

However, hopefully the manager and players will use tonight to recognise what we need to work on in order to improve.

Some on here fancied a go at Celtic, I shit you not. Unbelievable.

Wakey, wakey..

I said earlier that we are coming, I also said we shouldn't overlook a team like St Johnstone.

This is a bit of a reality check for us all. We are nowhere near the finished article, we are still quite lightwieght in midfield, I think we need someone with more dig in the DM positio., We are very slack at the back at times. Waghorn isn't an out and out striker ( which is something I think we really need to address in the January transfer window).

IMO Miller shouldn't be starting matches, I think it was a huge mistake tonight to start him and leave McKay on the bench.

All that being said, we are heading in the right direction and I think the next time we meet top flight opposition, we will have improved as a team and be better suited to beat them.

Tough day at the office, and a huge learning experience for the younger players.

The last 3rd passing has z place in the game but not all the time. We have very capable wingers to get up and get the cross over. But teams now know exactly how we are going to play and set up to thwart us and catch us on the break. Not all doom and gloom. We have a good young side that can develop and grow add a couple of signings and away we ho.

It's just one game, they were hardly miles ahead of us, they capitalised on some terrible defending, Alloa would have done the same.

There's no need for a knee-jerk reaction, it's like some people couldn't wait for the first slip up to start sticking the boot in to us, 11 wins on the bounce and one terrible performance and now we're back to being shite

It's just one game, they were hardly miles ahead of us, they capitalised on some terrible defending, Alloa would have done the same.

There's no need for a knee-jerk reaction, it's like some people couldn't wait for the first slip up to start sticking the boot in to us, 11 wins on the bounce and one terrible performance and now we're back to being shite

Who said we were shite ?