Well Didnt That Kick Us In The Arse

Jimfanciesthedude

We'll still pish the league, however i hope we are learning from tonight as to what we should expect next season

A high defensive line with two 18 wheelers in centre half wont work, pressing high is great but you need the pace to cover the gaping hole in behind

St Johnstones first was Tav sleeping and Davidson got in front of him, wallace got done on the wing for pace but that will happen, the flick from maclean was a cracker as well

2nd goal we simply switched off, cracking finish but it could have been prevented, however another day that cunt puts the shot into the stand

3rd goal i spoke about the high line above, john greig could have turned quicker and caught the ball first before the saints player and he's 73 ffs

going forward we have a cracking tempo and zip the ball about well until it reaches zelalem and oduwa, my god they slow it down so much by the time they play the 5 yard pass we are facing 11 men behind the ball, oduwa has at least shown his ability to take men on, so far since arriving im struggling to see what zelalem offers that shiels doesnt,

Miller is done as a starter, tired of saying it but waghorn is wasted out wide and miller is pointless up front, dunno why they have been switched given waghorn was terrorising defences through the middle earlier this season while miller was scoring from out wide and coming in at the back post, hopefully that gets changed

Tav isnt a right back, defensively he is really poor, could we try him at right wing, fuck knows but he switches off at right back too much

We'll probably go and thump Morton at the weekend, but im expecting Warburton to examine tonight and see just what he needs in time for next season

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The manager now knows what we need.

King has to back him in the next two windows, that's crucial.

3 or 4 players for our weak areas and we will be fine.

Exactly, we made 3 errors and got punished. Their wasn't a big difference in quality, they were just better organised. Our players just haven't got the experience and this will be a learning curve. We are still a very young, new team.

A defensive midfielder is a must.

On another night, oduwa scores and so does waggy.

there wont be massive financial investment in the next window, maybe even two, we dont have and wont have the money for the next yera imo

Don't think King can allow that to happen mate.

He made a promise and warburton doesn't seem like the guy to mess about with. He will invest simply because if he doesn't he will be chased

Exactly, we made 3 errors and got punished. Their wasn't a big difference in quality, they were just better organised. Our players just haven't got the experience and this will be a learning curve. We are still a very young, new team.

it wasnt 3 errors though tbf

foderingham made a cracking save before the first, maclean missed from under the bar at 1-0, and after the 3rd st johnstone chucked it as they had pretty much won the game

nothing knee jerk from me here, just a few observations that have been niggling at me all season, id defo drop zelalem next game and start Law (shudders) as his fear of being thumped means he moves the ball quicker keeping up the tempo

we were tearing teams apart earlier in the season by playing nice 1 touch football, suddenly the likes of zelalem and oduwa want 400 touches between them while everycunt has a cuppa waiting on them doing something,

Don't think King can allow that to happen mate.

He made a promise and warburton doesn't seem like the guy to mess about with. He will invest simply because if he doesn't he will be chased

he wont be chased, too many will back him, and the fact remains we are just under 10 mill in debt and losing money this season, next window we wont have had a share issue and just given the 3 bears back 1.5mill maybe more, by summertime we'll need ST money to pay the bills

king wont dump money in, no one will

Not much difference from the Motherwell game .Very similar ..Not convinced about our central defence if that's what you can call it .We have to get this right and it's clearly not

"Waghorn terrorising defences"

He's been piss poor as main striker..

Says a lot about our squad when Tavernier is our most dangerous attacker and best finisher..

he was when played through the middle, we were battering teams by 4 and 5 with miller wide and waghorn in the middle, now they have switched we struggled to create anything

he wont be chased, too many will back him, and the fact remains we are just under 10 mill in debt and losing money this season, next window we wont have had a share issue and just given the 3 bears back 1.5mill maybe more, by summertime we'll need ST money to pay the bills

king wont dump money in, no one will

I honestly can't see folk backing him if he doesn't invest Jim.

He told us he had money and it would be invested, he can't hide from that.

As a fanbase we were overdue it. We are 6 months into a rebuilding project which is all encompassing, the levels of delusion can be bewildering at times, it's disappointing of course it is, however the priority is the league with hopefully 5 or 6 players capable of making the step up. We will then strengthen again.

This isn't a set back...it's a reality check.

Some of those turning on our players after one defeat is as predictable as it is sad.

he hasnt kept a promise yet and still has loads of cunts willing to lick the shite off the bottom of his shoe

He did bring in warburton and weir. Got players like Halliday, Tav, Waghorn and others in plus a couple of exciting loans.

We have started the season like a dog out the traps, tonight is the first wobble really and it showed we need King to come good.

He has earned time in some folks books because everything so far has been hugely positive, I don't like the guy and I think he's a snake BUT he has changed things for the better and I'm willing to believe he will come good on his promise.

We lose tonight and lots of folk are having a go at MW or the team.

If you thought we would win every game this season then you're deluded.

Cup runs are good, but our priority is promotion, nothing less.

This is the team has been together for 3 months and it's the team to get us out of the Championship, nothing else.

Folk are all for making changes left, right and centre, but this won't be the team when we're in the Premier League.

12 games - 11 wins - 1 defeat, not exactly excellence, but bloody close to it.

Come on guys, accept tonight and do what we do best, cheer on the world's most successful team.

Some of those turning on our players after one defeat is as predictable as it is sad.

i hope that isnt directed at me, im no way near turning on our players, im simply offering an opinion as to why we have stalled from the start of the season

we cuffed hibs away with a midfield 3 of law, halliday and holt, with mckay (i understand him being rested tonight, however id play him every minute of every game) out wide with templeton other side (replaced by miller) and waghorn through the middle

since then we have included oduwa, zelalem and moved waghorn wide right and put miller though the middle, laboured against livi, laboured against dumbarton and didnt really create much tonight except in the latter stages of the 2nd half

i hope that isnt directed at me, im no way near turning on our players, im simply offering an opinion as to why we have stalled from the start of the season

we cuffed hibs away with a midfield 3 of law, halliday and holt, with mckay (i understand him being rested tonight, however id play him every minute of every game) out wide with templeton other side (replaced by miller) and waghorn through the middle

since then we have included oduwa, zelalem and moved waghorn wide right and put miller though the middle, laboured against livi, laboured against dumbarton and didnt really create much tonight except in the latter stages of the 2nd half

Not at all mate, there was a few threads, I've seen quite a bit of abuse just chose yours to make my point.