Fifa 16 Licensing

WaltersGotStyle

Has anyone asked the club as to why we could not agree a licensing deal for FIFA 16 this year?

I know the club are in the process of unifying the brand using the RFC badge however the rumours of Ashley owning rights to the ready badge continue to hang over us.

Cause we're pure deed m8

I doubt it's anything to do with Ashley. If it was then we wouldn't have been in it the last few years. When we get back into the premiership then we'll be added back in. Some people are just assuming it's Ashley. Not sticking up for him.

The club needs to get it sorted out either way. Get us back into the game and tell Ashley to fuck off. If we aren't in it then I'm not interested in buying the game.

And playing PES? aye right, no thanks.

No the deal gets made with the league and as there is only the SPFL now they wouldn't have done a deal to help us out without every other club getting a slice too

On the contrary; The SPFL covers the Scottish Premiership in terms of EA FIFA games, however Rangers as they are considered a "Rest of the World" team in FIFA terms, have to agree a deal with EA.

As with all the other teams in the RoW category. Their league doesn't make the deal, the individual clubs negotiate with EA.

On the contrary; The SPFL covers the Scottish Premiership in terms of EA FIFA games, however Rangers as they are considered a "Rest of the World" team in FIFA terms, have to agree a deal with EA.

As with all the other teams in the RoW category. Their league doesn't make the deal, the individual clubs negotiate with EA.

That was under the old ruling we got in as a RoW team when the leagues were split now there isn't two governing bodies there is no way we were getting in without every other team involved

That was under the old ruling we got in as a RoW team when the leagues were split now there isn't two governing bodies there is no way we were getting in without every other team involved

Doesn't matter. Deal still has to be agreed between Rangers & EA.

Teams in the RoW category have real leagues & real governing bodies too; but still those leagues aren't in the game.

Rangers are an independent company, own their licenses etc; not the SPFL. That's why the SPFL badge isn't on the sleeve of Rangers shirts in the game.

Has anyone asked the club as to why we could not agree a licensing deal for FIFA 16 this year?

I know the club are in the process of unifying the brand using the rfc badge however the rumours of Ashley owning rights to the ready badge continue to hang over us.

It's not a rumour and right now he has the rights to a helluva lot more than just our ready badge.

He has the rights to all our IP and branding IIRC. Untill we pay him his 5m loan back that is, then we get all those rights back.

Doesn't matter. Deal still has to be agreed between Rangers & EA.

Teams in the RoW category have real leagues & real governing bodies too; but still those leagues aren't in the game.

Rangers are an independent company, own their licenses etc; not the SPFL. That's why the SPFL badge isn't on the sleeve of Rangers shirts in the game.

The deal was between us last time due to not having a league to play in now we do then we have the corrupt spfl to satisfy with any deals we do in footballing terms.

That is a fair point but they don't have governing bodies that despise our very existence.

Isn't that due to us only being associate members?

They have never charged for DLC before in FIFA

They added 2 MLS teams last year for free.

I'm hoping they'll do something similar for us with what they did to Orlando City and NYCFC but kind of clutching at straws, will only buy it if we're put in it. (Not in a boycott way I just always use us for career or our players/kits for UT)

But was it Ashley? I doubt it would be the current board who failed to agree a deal.

The problem is were not being told the reasons behind it just a vague statement from Fifa saying they could not agree a license for Rangers to be included, so it's just guesswork.