Lost A Good Bear Tonight.

gogzy

My Grandad, who me and the wife have been living with, and caring for, for the past 6 months died tonight, peacefully in his sleep after a nasty bout of pnumonia.

He was a die hard bear and good protestant, and a member of his local lodge. He told me he was one of the early members of the wee Rangers club, was there during the Ibrox disaster, and was In barcalona in 72. during his final month, we spent ages blethering about his love of Rangers. And every day he would ask me to update him on the goings on on RM.

I am totallly fucking gutted right now so sorry in advance if i m a bit of a cunt over the coming days.

RIP Lawrence (Lawr) kerr. I am gonna bloody miss you, old man.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit to you and your other half for caring for him. That takes a lot and can also be a strain on relationships. It's never nice to see anyone close to you or a good Bluenose die but at least you can be proud you were there for him and done everything you could for him in the end. RIP.

My Grandad, who me and the wife have been living with, and caring for, for the past 6 months died tonight, peacefully in his sleep after a nasty bout of pnumonia.

He was a die hard bear and good protestant, and a member of his local lodge. He told me he was one of the early members of the wee Rangers club, was there during the Ibrox disaster, and was In barcalona in 72. during his final month, we spent ages blethering about his love of Rangers. And every day he would ask me to update him on the goings on on RM.

I am totallly fucking gutted right now so sorry in advance if i m a bit of a cunt over the coming days.

Heard you talking about watching the game regulary with your grandad on Rangers Chat. Thoughts are with you and your family mate and R.I.P Lawrence

Hogz I'm not one of your religious zealots but remember during a period of loss a minister telling the family not to dwell on the loss but to remember and celebrate all the good times and great memories.

Same message applies. Gawd bless.

Nearly 6 months to the day since my gran died, fuck :(

My Dad lasted 3 months after my Mum passed - sad as it is, it just shows that through thick & thin the vast majority of couples are insepearble.

Condolances, to you and your family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrOzn0LjWkc

Sorry to hear Gogzy.

To absent friends.

So when all my life has ended

And when death has made it's mark

May you scatter all my ashes

On the slopes of Ibrox Park

And with the Angels I'll be singing

Up in heaven in the glen

I'll be happy and contented

When the Rangers win again

On my harp I will be playing

In the sky way up above

I'll be singing Follow Follow

To the Rangers that I love

Sincere condolences Gogzy.

Whenever I get a wee bit nostalgic about my dad who died a few years ago, I always remember our visits to Ibrox as being the best of times..

Think how many posters on here had relatives and friends, now sadly gone, who stood together on the same terracing, singing the songs and enjoying the cameraderie and the football.

And those memories of games with friends, family, fellow fans, and loved ones, now sadly gone, including your Grandad are the cement that will continue to hold the greater Rangers family together as we pass on to future generations.

Your Grandad would have been delighted with that post Gogzy.

RIP Lawrence.

Sorry to hear about your loss Gogz,you should be thankful for the time spent with your grandad as he sounds a great man.

You and the missus done the admirable thing by caring for him and you should be proud of yourself for doing so.

Stay strong mate and lets hope he is looking down on a Rangers win on Sunday.

RIP LAWR.

Sorry to hear about your loss Gogz,you should be thankful for the time spent with your grandad as he sounds a great man.

You and the missus done the admirable thing by caring for him and you should be proud of yourself for doing so.

Stay strong mate and lets hope he is looking down on a Rangers win on Sunday.

RIP LAWR.

Putting a 3-1 bet with tavernier first goal on for him on Sunday, it was his weekly prediction this season :lol:

Putting a 3-1 bet with tavernier first goal on for him on Sunday, it was his weekly prediction this season :lol:

My old man backs 3-1 correct score line for most games,i tell ye he has won a small fortune over the last few seasons with his footie bets.

I'd settle for a 0-1 last minute penalty if i'm honest.