Jim Duffy

Bearsden bear

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How refreshing to hear opposition Manager waxing lyrically about the Gers. Think he has always come across impartial over the years as a pundit whilst some of the others never missed a chance to stick the boot in.

Ive been in his company twice and he certainly wasnt rabid as suggested by someone else on here. Clearly loves football and as you say, always comes across as fair. Even before the match he was talking about just how good a football team we were.

Tee totaller as well by the way, not that it makes a difference. (tu)

Don't be fooled,he is a rabid.

Six weeks before we played them in the 2003 cup final his team were playing the smhelly bheggars and he rested at least 6 players which he claimed were being rested for the final. Dundee got humped and me personally thought it was to help out the bheggars goal difference. Never worked as we won the treble that season and Amo scored the winner in the final against Dundee. Resting players 6 weeks before a final,smells rotten to me.

Six weeks before we played them in the 2003 cup final his team were playing the smhelly bheggars and he rested at least 6 players which he claimed were being rested for the final. Dundee got humped and me personally thought it was to help out the bheggars goal difference. Never worked as we won the treble that season and Amo scored the winner in the final against Dundee. Resting players 6 weeks before a final,smells rotten to me.

To be fair, thats simply not true.

It was a fortnight before the final and they only had 1 game in between. Plus their team v the other mob, 7 of them started against us and Novo and Milne came on as subs. (tu)

I quite like Jim Duffy.

He always seemed a decent sort and never, to my knowledge, moralised or gloated over our troubles.

He was on the books with the dirty mob in his younger days and perhaps comes from a family sympathetic to them, but he has never demonstrated any hate or bitterness.

Scotland would be a better place if more followed his example.

Rabid is certainly not a word I'd use in conjunction with him.

In fact, I'd describe him as decent, honest and fair.

However, it is sad that there's only one or two such characters in the game. His presence merely highlights the bitterness of so many in the media and the game.

Not that kind of guy at all, as far as i could see. His son was the same, and sure didn't come across a rabid mhank.

Aint no Andy Walker.

Ive been in his company twice and he certainly wasnt rabid as suggested by someone else on here. Clearly loves football and as you say, always comes across as fair. Even before the match he was talking about just how good a football team we were.

ah damn it, quite liked him until reading he's a tee totaller. Can't trust a man who can't take a drink

ah damn it, quite liked him until reading he's a tee totaller. Can't trust a man who can't take a drink

I remember that. Pretty sure Dundee scored two late goals to fuck them a bit with the goal difference.

Think Duffy grew up a tim from Maryhill but doesn't really come across that bad in the media.

Must admit I quite like him too. Always found him really fair when it comes to us.

Must admit I quite like him too. Always found him really fair when it comes to us.

Yeah! Yeah!

We hear you, mate! (tu)

:pipe: