Oduwa Called Up For England U20S

MacBoyd

Sket, on 28 Sept 2015 - 5:28 PM, said:

Yet some posters believe he should be sent back along with Zelalem :lol:

They might say they are football fans but they haven't a clue about football. I love watching these lads that are playing for us, bags of skill and will be the outstanding players of the future.

Nathan is unique and does things with the ball that few can or have done in the past. He should be encouraged to do what he sees fit on the park because he creates chances and gets penalties and is a joy to watch at times. But whatever he does it needs to contribute to the overall team performance and hopefully a positive result. We and England will get the best out him with that approach, I think.

Good for the boy, he'll need to sharpen up a little if he's to make the most of it but he's earning/earned the call up.

This is something we as a club should make the most of in our next/future dealings - "if you want to progress, get recognised or a call up, come to Rangers on loan". Even outwith loans that should be one of our pitches but we can now say "It didn't harm Oduwa and Zelalem to come to Rangers, quite the reverse, that could be you!".

Good for everyone involved.

Unless you are Scottish.

When you think that some idiot on here posted, that he was the worst Rangers player he had ever seen at our club :D

I remember some idiot back in the 60's yelling the exact same thing about Baxter during a game at Broomfield that ended up in a fisticuffs between Rangers supporters on the terracing :lol: I wonder if it's the same guy who now posts on RM doh

Well deserved, as long as they dont pick up injuries im always proud when our players get international call ups even though I hate international football. At the very least it gives players a boost of confidence, not that a player like Oduwa needs it but it cant hurt.

Good for the boy, he'll need to sharpen up a little if he's to make the most of it but he's earning/earned the call up.

This is something we as a club should make the most of in our next/future dealings - "if you want to progress, get recognised or a call up, come to Rangers on loan". Even outwith loans that should be one of our pitches but we can now say "It didn't harm Oduwa and Zelalem to come to Rangers, quite the reverse, that could be you!".

Good for everyone involved.

This

I know some ppl don't like our players going on international duty but the message that you are better playing 1st team football at Rangers than sitting in the reserves is good news for us