Taking Your Other Half To A Game

Gaz52

I was talking to my Dad earlier on and he was telling me about him and my Mum's first ever game together, it was Rangers vs Dynamo Kiev 30 September 1987, she lost her shoe celebrating a Rangers goal.

Got me thinking, I've never had a girlfriend that's in to fitbaw or would want to come with me to a game. It makes me quite glad to be honest cause they'd end up nipping my nut and counting how many pre match pints I have

Does anyone go to the games with their other half? Or have been before? Is it as shite as I think it'd be?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my Dad earlier on and he was telling me about him and my Mum's first ever game together, it was Rangers vs Dynamo Kiev 30 September 1987, she lost her shoe celebrating a Rangers goal.

Got me thinking, I've never had a girlfriend that's in to fitbaw or would want to come with me to a game. It makes me quite glad to be honest cause they'd end up nipping my nut and counting how many pre match pints I have

Does anyone go to the games with their other half? Or have been before? Is it as shite as I think it'd be?

I take mine 5 or 6 times a season. She loves it.

Aye mate tried taking her once and it's grim. She didn't watch the game and wanted to talk all the way through it. All I got was your not even listening to me constantly. Although I have a pal who is mad for Rangers and she is totally different. Think it depends if they are interested or not I suppose.

I used to go with my daughters mum and used to enjoy it because i liked getting mad with it with her and she knew i was a nutter at the football so wasnt bothered by my antics. She actually quite liked football so it was good.

my daughters a ST holder now and loves it

That said, certain women just dont belong at the football.

My missus has maybe been to about three games in the 11 years we've been together. She sees watching Rangers as my thing so doesn't like to intrude on that. The only reason she's been to any games with me at all is if we've spent the weekend in Glasgow for Christmas shopping or stuff like that. I said this in another thread but you see some boys trudging up to Ibrox with their missus in toe looking fucking miserable, feel sorry for those poor bastards.

Mrs Montoya has had a season ticket for one less year than me. So that's 28 years.

Still sits in her own seat. I'm still beside my dad. I don't 'take her to the game', she 'goes to see Rangers'.

It's just as important for women to follow the cause as guys. More the better.

Was a season ticket holder with the wife for a few seasons. A couple of minutes late for kickoff and I'd get moaned at . lol. She knows a good bit about football, but has to watch our baby now so pay as you go with mates now. Can turn up a few minutes late wrecked now. :beer1:

I took my wife to her one and only game of football at our last game of the season in 2012/13 against Berwick at Ibrox.

Game was terrible although we did win 1-0 and it was the first step on "the journey"

I only took her as she was pregnant at the time and I wanted to ensure Rangers were in my first born's blood!

The wife hasn't been asked back and no further plans to do so

Depends on the lassie wether she'd be nipping your nut mate, my other half a season ticket holder and goes to every away game with me also, but I met her through the football anyway so it's not something I installed into her and as she can drink as much as me anyway and enjoys that side of the football also it really isn't a problem.

My missus had a season ticket before she met me, although gave it up the season after she met me because she works most Saturdays. She has a Rangers tattoo on the back of her neck. We've been about three or four times together in the last four and a half years.

I've been quite lucky tbh, my ex used to play in a flute band aswell, so she knew the drill aswell. She went to a few with me aswell, including the first derby friendly game about 8 years ago.

I've actually always been surrounded by Rangers daft burds, my maw went every week when I was growing up and her pal my godmother was always with her.

I prefer a day out with the boys though, so away games are a no no, which I'm no gonnae lie, has it's arguments.

My missus was a Celtc fan prior to meeting me. As our relationship developed, she started coming to the games with me and enjoyed it. We've since had 2 kids, both are Rangers fans and the wife attended the play off games last season and loved the excitement of it all.

I wouldn't say she's a true blue yet but she's definitely more of a Ranger than bheast.

I've been trying to get mines to join me to a game for ages but she takes her own boy to martial arts classes on a saturday afternoon.

This week his grandparents are taking him so thought she might have came along with me and my boy but she has zero interest in football just like the rest of her family.

I promised her it would be EXTRAVAGANT,as per Andy Halliday.

I'm getting there cos she watches the highlights with me now and never did before.

I will have her there soon enough but in the meantime i will just enjoy the time with my boy.