Gazza Grateful For Gers Fans' Support & Still Follows Us

OlegKuznetsov

Gazza never played in a losing side against the scum in a match which he started .How many players have this record ??

He was a used sub in the new years day game in 1998 which we lost

Will always be a legend for any bear that lived through this era .

Wish him nothing but the best of luck with containing his demons .Seems he may be getting there .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do some folk want from these ex players? Is it not enough for people like Gough and Gascoigne to have given you some of the happiest times following Rangers? Do they have to get the club badge tattoed on their forehead and start and end every sentence they say with "fuck the taigs no surrender" to get some respect from the dafties in our support?

If someone doesnt see Gough or Gazza as legends then who do they think are legends then? Or is it that some folk just love being negative?

Is my memory playing tricks or do I remember correctly that Gazza spent the last couple of minutes in the 8 in a row game just going round the pitch celebrating. And by the way Richard Gough ius 9 in a row personified.

Gazza never played in a losing side against the scum in a match which he started .How many players have this record ??

He was a used sub in the new years day game in 1998 which we lost

Will always be a legend for any bear that lived through this era .

Wish him nothing but the best of luck with containing his demons .Seems he may be getting there .

Didn't he play in the Scottish cup game the bheggers beat us in during the 9 in a row season?

Overall, I have no animosity towards Gazza, I loved watching him play and felt we probably got the best of him (although his potential was far greater still).

Alcoholism is a terrible thing, but a lot of his downfall was also down to his own decisions and when it leads to violence against women, then I think we are past the point where excuses are acceptable.

That being said, he is trying again to be sober, and should get everyone's support in that.

None of it reduces his legendary status as a player, and the crazy, militant attitude that some of our fans seem to have towards former players is borderline insanity at the moment. He has no obligation to do anything or say anything about us, and the fans have no obligation to buy tickets for his show.

Genius.

in my humble opinion he played his best football when with the Rangers if not on par when he was at spurs.

a good sagging off is what this man really needs from bears?!?!?

get a grip.

he gave his all for us, cut him some slack, if you never saw him play you missed out on a treat, he made sure we won 8 in a row nearly single handedly (exaggeration) but you catch my drift.

Didn't he play in the Scottish cup game the bheggers beat us in during the 9 in a row season?

I will check mate but I do remember we got humped 2-0 that night with ref giving us fuck all.

Edit . Checked Goat . He never played . Not sure why .Probably suspended or injured .

I always remember he had this brilliant record . Awesome if you ask me

My brother was a postie in Kikbarchan when Gazza was here, the amount of shit he said Gazza put up with was a disgrace. Journo's asking for Gazza's mail and that sort if thing. Not good at all and must have been s nightmare. The prss have a lot to answer for as well.

Gazza is a Rangers legend, end of story.

one of the least self-centred people on the planet, outwith the demons. Remember one night at Killie the boldGazza warming up, taking of hos track suit and giving it to a wee lad in a wheelchair. Say there is no lack of generosity of spirit from Gazza.

That game where he single handedly sheared the sheep will forever be my abiding memory of Gazza

(tu)(tu)(tu)

That says it all mate, the man was a goldmine of talent for us, and the gold was in his heart also.

Kinder man you'll never meet.

Sad all the problems he has been inflicted with over his lifetime, and I hope he manages to stay on the path of recovery.

For that one game alone he deserves nothing but the highest respect from us all.

:uk:

You have to take the rough with the smooth, remember Gazza saying he felt his Rangers years were some of his best, whether that's true or not he Wore the Jersey well. So good luck Gazza you'll always get a welcome at Ibrox

Great player.

Hopeless, craven, weak human being who yet again hits the headlines today for all the wrong reasons.

Never reached the level he did for club and country by being craven. As for the 'weak' part, the guy has a classified illness called alcoholism. That makes him ill not weak. Don't think we (or he) will fully understand what the 'triggers' are for Gazza, howvever, both he and his illness are too complex to be labeled with such a simplistic description.

Me I'm just happy that he was one of us for 3.5 years.

Some absolute rockets on here slagging off Gazza

Just one thing I remember about Gazza...calling us "Glasgow".

That was what he thought Rangers was called. There are millions of kids who follow football in Britain who know that isn't our name, never mind the adults who know who we are. It says something about Gazza's intelligence, as well as his knowledge of football, that this was in his head as our name.

Never reached the level he did for club and country by being craven. As for the 'weak' part, the guy has a classified illness called alcoholism. That makes him ill not weak. Don't think we (or he) will fully understand what the 'triggers' are for Gazza, howvever, both he and his illness are too complex to be labeled with such a simplistic description.

Me I'm just happy that he was one of us for 3.5 years.

I love Gascoigne as a player and a person. He is my favorite ever Rangers player.

I don't like people slagging him off but I lost my Mother to alcoholism when she was only 46 and I take issue a bit with people throwing the alcoholism is an illness line about all the time. Cancer is an illness ... even the flu or common cold is an illness. I know it's technically classed as an illness but it doesn't sit right with me.

No-one forced/forces the drink down their neck.

I think it's insulting to someone who's maybe lost a loved one through something that's no fault of their own i.e cancer and it's compared to someone who's drank themself to death.

A more general point, nothing really to do with Gascoigne.

I love Gascoigne as a player and a person. He is my favorite ever Rangers player.

I don't like people slagging him off but I lost my Mother to alcoholism when she was only 46 and I take issue a bit with people throwing the alcoholism is an illness line about all the time. Cancer is an illness ... even the flu or common cold is an illness. I know it's technically classed as an illness but it doesn't sit right with me.

No-one forced/forces the drink down their neck.

I think it's insulting to someone who's maybe lost a loved one through something that's no fault of their own i.e cancer and it's compared to someone who's drank themself to death.

A more general point, nothing really to do with Gascoigne.

You actually need help brother. You have problems far beyond what a football forum can help with.

Stop posting and get a friend to help you out. That is serious advice, mate.

You actually need help brother. You have problems far beyond what a football forum can help with.

Stop posting and get a friend to help you out. That is serious advice, mate.

You've a lot to say for some creepy wee man who's got about ten posts (nearly all of them in these early dark hours this morning)