Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

Thinking less of them and saying they shouldn't support Rangers are two totally different things.

You said that bears in the tartan army were 'so-called' fans. I would say that is suggesting that they shouldn't support Rangers.

I responded to KAI, you jumped in. Natural assumption.

Still trying to deflect from your stupid point earlier? I don't know as you carefully avoided my question. Are the majority of us non-Rangers supporters on away days?

Still not comprehending the point I was making about your post (which I took in isolation) and your remarkable volte face from last season?

That you remain unable to undestand the irony of your comments shows you in one of two lights. Neither of them are a credit to you.

You said that bears in the tartan army were 'so-called' fans. I would say that is suggesting that they shouldn't support Rangers.

But you are taking that out of context - that's in relation to 2 Rangers fans at the Langside Hotel telling me that Scotland beating France 1-0 at Hampden was better than Rangers winning the league at Parkhead against Celtic.

I would question the love of Rangers anyone that made a claim like that.

Not even close to being true

Expect nothing less from yourself a paid up Tartan Army foot soldier and potential yes voter

Slowly but surely guys like yourself are proving my point that you's care less about Rangers and more about SNP politics and a stinking corrupt national team

Incorrect. Get your facts right.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I've already said I'm an arm chair Scotland fan, and I'd always take Rangers over that (season ticket holder in Govan Rear).

I also voted no, and have always voted conservative.

I disagree. At out last home game against Falkirk we were walking along ED and there was a group of boys (possibly the UBs) singing non sectarian songs, the next thing there was a meat wagon full of cops, they got out and practically ran along the road to shut them up! The way they ran you would have thought they were disturbing a murder! I thought it was disgraceful TBH!

That was a fucking disgrace the way they acted,we were standing right next to where they pulled up and got out. Scum bastards.

Then by all means come introduce yourself. I'll happily send you my seat details along

Do plod only get heavy on the first and last ten minutes?

The incident I'm referring to happened early on so more trying to work out how you missed it. Not particularly fussed about meeting, I was told never to accept offers from strangers (they dont come much stranger). I've criticised UB before but know what I saw whatever your view. Its by no means the first incident since the Bill was passed.

It reminds me of police attitudes in England in the late 70s early 80s to football fans. You wont have a reference point in that regard.

Incorrect. Get your facts right.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I've already said I'm an arm chair Scotland fan, and I'd always take Rangers over that (season ticket holder in Govan Rear).

I also voted no, and have always voted conservative.

Fair enough. I apologise for getting you wrong. I shouldn't have stereotyped.

That was a fucking disgrace the way they acted,we were standing right next to where they pulled up and got out. Scum bastards.

would that be the group that marched up the middle of ED chanting (many with their faces covered)?

Aye I seen that. Thought absolutely nothing of it and seen no complaints from any of the UB about it.

But you are taking that out of context - that's in relation to 2 Rangers fans at the Langside Hotel telling me that Scotland beating France 1-0 at Hampden was better than Rangers winning the league at Parkhead against Celtic.

I would question the love of Rangers anyone that made a claim like that.

It really depends though. If they went to both games then aye, I would probably say the same. But it's like an English bear saying the '66 World Cup win was better. It all depends on where you were etc. To be fair, the 2 guys might feel that way because attending a game where Rangers win the league or a game where Rangers beat celtic isn't rare (as we know!), whereas Scotland beating France is something we'll probably never see again, since Scotland are pretty shit.

It really depends though. If they went to both games then aye, I would probably say the same. But it's like an English bear saying the '66 World Cup win was better. It all depends on where you were etc. To be fair, the 2 guys might feel that way because attending a game where Rangers win the league or a game where Rangers beat celtic isn't rare (as we know!), whereas Scotland beating France is something we'll probably never see again, since Scotland are pretty shit.

I get that, I just don't agree. Still think to this day it's a mental thing to say even taking into account the adrenaline still running through their bodies from the game. They would have been old enough to remember Scotland beating France 3-0 in late 80's was it? MoJo and McCoist ran riot - side point.

would that be the group that marched up the middle of ED chanting (many with their faces covered)?

Aye I seen that. Thought absolutely nothing of it and seen no complaints from any of the UB about it.

I don't know what the outcome was as I never followed them but aye that was them,they were walking up ED singing. About 15 seconds later they pulled up in the van,2 of them got out and literally ran after the group singing. They were singing 4 lads had a dream and these pricks were running after them like they were tearing the place up. Scum bastards,it's no wonder they take so much grief.

They, the SNP, aren't offering independence or anything like it.

If you've been duped by their blatantly misleading propaganda then do something about that and educate yourself.

Lol propaganda ? The corrupt bbc and most other media outlets were used by MPs from the house of comments to mislead the Scotland.

and why wouldn't they - the people running Brittain are all rich boys and benefitting from us. They decide what we see

It's just shocking how the club have treated one of its supporters. Absolutely disgusting.

There's no need to be cheeky! You are right it is shocking how the club has treated one of their supporters, especially as it is one who follows his team home and away.

I don't agree with K.A.I. with a lot of things he's said regarding fans who follow Scotland and Rangers but I do agree with him about the SNP and their ridiculous laws.

I also think that we as fellow supporters shouldn't be gloating about what happened to him. That's what I find disgusting.

Still not comprehending the point I was making about your post (which I took in isolation) and your remarkable volte face from last season?

That you remain unable to undestand the irony of your comments shows you in one of two lights. Neither of them are a credit to you.

All I did was ask a, I thought, relevant question, what (?)'about face' are you referring to?

All you have done is make this a personal point against me. That's fine, if you ever get round to answering the question lmk. (tu)

What was the number of the post on here that Eagle said what you claimed. Just want to see it for myself.

I'm also waiting on Broadfoot'sCreepyGrin showing me where I said it, too.

and you've a cheek accusing me of trolling - that seems to be all you do with your shit gif's

You may not like me or agree with anything I say, but I'm honest. I've no need to troll because I just say what's on my mind.

You signed up here while I was one month in to a 2 month hiatus. Where's your knowledge of my shit gifs come from?

What is your other name/was your old name? Or were you just an avid lurker? 1000 posts in less than a month is commendable though. (tu)

There's no need to be cheeky! You are right it is shocking how the club has treated one of their supporters, especially as it is one who follows his team home and away.

I don't agree with K.A.I. with a lot of things he's said regarding fans who follow Scotland and Rangers but I do agree with him about the SNP and their ridiculous laws.

I also think that we as fellow supporters shouldn't be gloating about what happened to him. That's what I find disgusting.

Who's gloating?

There were laws in place long before the SNP got into power covering everything covered by the new stuff. We didn't have carte Blanche under Labour to sing about fenians etc.

"Flawed ideal" getting shafted from Westminster is flawed independence isn't.

Just because because it's out of the box thinking and out of a lot of people's comfort zone doesn't mean it's not a reality. I agree though the youth will see this through - if the pig fucker can't keep hold of Scotland's millions.

Was refraining from posting on here due to it being a football post but once again to many fans associate politics with football

The great brainwashing on show.

As for youth I'm 23 and I'll oppose separation for the rest of my life

All I did was ask a, I thought, relevant question, what (?)'about face' are you referring to?

All you have done is make this a personal point against me. That's fine, if you ever get round to answering the question lmk. (tu)

You are utterly pointless. Your question bore no relation to my post except in your very odd little world. I've explained the nature of your impression of Janus and its your issue if you cant understand the irony of your statement.