Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

Shite nothing. Anyone that boo's the national anthem of Britain, shouldn't be supporting Rangers. There's having rivalrly with England and other home nations, then theres downright disrespect.

Do some of you even know the club you follow? Why do you clowns only exist on the internet?

I'd guess it's not that they just exist on the internet and more that they just don't exist in your social circle. It's not exactly something that's going to come up in conversation either or that people are going to go out of their way to advertise.

So many reasons why people shouldn't support Rangers. So many.

Too many 'Rangers fans' on here feel happy dictating who is and who isn't allowed to be a Rangers supporter. Now that is 'disrespectful'.

I've lost track of the reasons why I shouldn't be a Rangers fan. Some have been cracking though.

No interest in Loyalism = supporting the wrong club.

Couldn't give a toss about the monarchy = supporting the wrong club.

Location says LA = supporting the wrong club.

Find people using child abuse as pointscoring disgusting = supporting the wrong club.

Boo a tune that was doing the rounds for over a century before being pinched for a national anthem? = supporting the wrong club.

What's even funnier though is Goat claiming folk who have been going to Ibrox longer than he's been drawing breath are supporting the wrong club.

I've lost track of the reasons why I shouldn't be a Rangers fan. Some have been cracking though.

No interest in Loyalism = supporting the wrong club.

Couldn't give a toss about the monarchy = supporting the wrong club.

Location says LA = supporting the wrong club.

Find people using child abuse as pointscoring disgusting = supporting the wrong club.

Boo a tune that was doing the rounds for over a century before being pinched for a national anthem? = supporting the wrong club.

What's even funnier though is Goat claiming folk who have been going to Ibrox longer than he's been drawing breath are supporting the wrong club.

Vote SNP, vote Yes, are Catholic, support the National Team.

I'm sure there are more.

Lol propaganda ? The corrupt bbc and most other media outlets were used by MPs from the house of comments to mislead the Scotland.

and why wouldn't they - the people running Brittain are all rich boys and benefitting from us. They decide what we see

Did you accidentally or deliberately miss the point that the SNP aren't offering independence?

And if your wild claim that the BBC are deciding what *we* see is true - what about the thousands of other media outlets commenting - are they all in on your conspiracy fantasies, too?

A person booing a national anthem because the English fans are singing it, then go to Rangers games and sing because we're singing it isn't strange?

No. It's about getting involved in the tribalism. Whilst you might not do it yourself, the idea is easy to understand.

I do it in some ways myself. I sing songs I don't have all that much interest in, and occasionally don't like all that much, to get involved in the tribalism of supporting Rangers.

Doing that with the anthem would probably be particularly easy if you're not particularly nationalistic either way or don't have strong feelings either way about the Royal Family..

A person booing a national anthem because the English fans are singing it, then go to Rangers games and sing because we're singing it isn't strange?

About as strange as people at a football game in Scotland singing about battles from hundred of years previous or shooting down German bombers.

I personally don't think anyone should boo any countries national anthem. I think it's disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.

I think it's embarrassing that a country would boo their own national anthem. With that I mean GSTQ because whether people like it or not the flower of Scotland is NOT our national anthem.

I personally don't think anyone should boo any countries national anthem. I think it's disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.

I think it's embarrassing that a country would boo their own national anthem. With that I mean GSTQ because whether people like it or not the flower of Scotland is NOT our national anthem.

In the context of a football game however it is and GSTQ isn't.