Ex Barcelona Wonderkid Training At Rangers

rfc1990

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 now.

From The Telegraph....

Gai Assulin The Israeli attacking midfielder was another player once known as The New Messi. Well, he did look a bit like him, and he had all the tricks, but the tag became more of a millstone. He played 67 times for the Barcelona B team and for the big boys in some pre-season friendlies in 2008. One of these was against Manchester City, whose heads were turned, and when Assulin's contract ran down in 2010, City came calling. Rather than continue to develop under the tutelage of Luis Enrique – with whom he reportedly had a strained relationship – at Barcelona B, Assulin made an ill-fated move to Manchester. Never played a game for City and even a chance to ignite his career at The Barcelona Of The West Riding (aka Barnsley) was curtailed by injury, which has been a persistent problem for Assulin. A quick stop at Gus Poyet's Brighton was among the staging posts on an eventual move back to Spain with Mallorca. "I don't like being compared to Messi," said Assulin in 2011. "I can never be him. He is the best player in the world; I'm a youngster trying to learn the secrets of football."

had to laugh at this...

On 5 July 2013, Assulin signed a three-year deal with Granada CF,[30] being immediately loaned to Segunda División'sHércules CF in a season-long deal. He appeared regularly for the Valencian outfit, which were relegated after finishing dead last.