Ex Barcelona Wonderkid Training At Rangers

rfc1990

Did he not go to Manchester City after Barcelona ?.

He was very highly regarded at one stage. Must be in his mid - twenties now.

Just look at Bojan, much higher rated than this boy.

Can't be very good if he still has no club in October and is touting himself to the Scottish first division.

No harm having a look though. Aluko was in a similar situation.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at Bojan, much higher rated than this boy.

Can't be very good if he still has no club in October and is touting himself to the Scottish first division.

Bojan has been brilliant for Stoke...

Not saying this guy is a player but you're implying Bojan is shite

Bojan has been brilliant for Stoke...

Not saying this guy is a player but you're implying Bojan is shite

Not implying he's shite, I'd love him at our club.

Just pointing out that Bojan was coming through just after Messi and was touted as being just as, if not better than Messi.

The sensationalistic press at it again.

Correct headline would read - Barcalona failure trains at Gers.

THE 24-year-old Israeli was tipped for the top following his arrival in Britain in 2010, but after a disappointing spell at Mallorca he has joined Mark Warburton's side in training.

FORMER Man City player Gai Assulin has arrived in Glasgow to train with Scottish Championship leaders Rangers.

Assulin, was regarded as one of the best young attacking midfielders in Europe when he made the switch from the Camp Nou to Manchester City.

The 24-year-old starred at youth level for Israel, gaining 22 caps for the Israeli U21 side between 2008 and 2013.

After leaving Manchester City, Assulin had spells at Brighton, Racing Santander and Granada.

Despite never living up to his precocious billing, Assulin would be an interesting option for the Rangers side if he was to impress during his stay in Glasgow.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton has shown that he likes to develop young players who have lost their way somewhat, and Assulin is a player who fits the bill.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/former-manchester-city-barcelona-starlet-6639259

Former Barcelona and Man City youth Gai Assulin training with Rangers

The 24-year-old Israeli attacker was pictured at Murray Park and took part in the session with Mark Warburton's squad as they prepare for the Scottish Championship clash with Queen of the South.

Assulin was one of a number of players to be christened 'the new Messi' during his time at Barcelona's academy and worked under Pep Guardiola but failed to make a first team appearance.

"I don't like being compared to Messi," said Assulin in 2011, amid comparisons with the Argentine. "I can never be him. He is the best player in the world; I'm a youngster trying to learn the secrets of football."

The Israeli impressed for Barcelona's B side, making 67 times under Luis Enrique. However, he failed to make the breakthrough into the first-team at the Camp Nou.

Assulin was also a promising star for the Israeli youth teams, collecting 22 caps for the country's under-21 side.

A move to Manchester City in 2010 failed to work out and he departed the Ethiad Stadium without playing for the first team following a brief loan spell at Brighton.

Assulin returned to Spain to play for Racing Santander before moving on to Hercules on loan. A move to Real Mallorca followed but he departed in August and remains a free agent.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1330750-former-barcelona-and-man-city-youth-gai-assulin-training-with-rangers/

Happy to trust Warburton's judgement.

Was rated highly, just like Waggy, just like Tav... If there's anyone who can get the best out of this man, it's Mark Warburton.

Try your best Gai, you have a real opportunity to be part of something special.

If he is a good player with the right mentality and attributes for us Magic Hat will sign him, I think Partick Thistle are meant to have signed an ex barca youth captain like 1-2 years ago and I haven't heard of or seen that player since then, so just because he is ex Barca I wouldn't jump at him as it seems like Barca youth can produce some mediocre players too.