Dominic Ball

Prso's headband

Surprised at the positive comments about McKay. I thought he was dreadful and think he is vastly overrated.

Are you for real, if you are then I guess you don't appreciate pace and skill, he tore the fullback a new arsehole and made some defence splitting passes if you think he was dreadful then you need to get a pair of glasses.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His contract is up at the end of the season, we've every chance of signing him. He won't make it with Spurs.

Had a really good game today, him and Kiernan would be my 1st choice.

Think he would be a fantastic signing. If he's out of contract as you say then maybe it can happen. Fingers crossed.

Firstly issue with totospal barrie mc kay are you serious if you dont like the kid fair enough

he was man of the match until he came off ?

Dominic Ball was the reason we won today he was fast alert and cut out threats

outstanding defending - Better than wilson yes

I think Ball is the better of the 3,Im not entirely convinced with Kiernan.If Wilsons injured fair enough but I think he was needing dropped anyway.I get the impression he thinks hes a guaranteed starter.Wee Barry's first touch was superb all day and and his passing is improving.Holt had a great game,he really impressed me today.We seem to play better when Miller does'nt start and he makes an impact when he comes on.Nicky Clark fails to impress.

I'm of the opinion Wilson looks slow in comparison too and also seems disinterested and casual in his body language. This was highlighted yesterday when he is replaced with a player who is the polar opposite. The difference was stark and I think the change has identified a glaring weakness in our side.

I agree it makes sense to play our own pairing as first choice but surely on the evidence of yesterday Ball has shown himself to be the better player. Don't like putting the boot into any of our players but have felt this for a while now about Wilson at the very least he needs to lift his game.

The main problem with our system and style of play is that our 2 central defenders are always going to be vulnerable to get caught on the break by speedy opponents as was shown against St.Johnstone when O'Halloran ripped through Kiernan and Wilson to score the third goal. I was actually a bit surprised Warburton didn't play Dominic Ball in that game because his speed of recovery is vastly superior to Wilson especially with his back to goal.

Danny Wilson is a fine central defender when playing in a traditional back four where the fullbacks can cover, but in our system where he doesn't have that luxury his lack of pace gets found out. I think Kiernan looks more comfortable beside Ball so it will be interesting to see if that pairing will get a run of games together as Ball doesn't deserve replacing after his performance yesterday. :pipe:

I hope we could sign Ball, I like him and think he is definitely a good defender and player, he is young too, pacey, he can come out with the ball and start attacks with it, when it was late in the game at 1-1 he was really running up and trying hard to score like a CB like Amoruso etc. I think he is a great player and any team in Scotland would be lucky to have him on a permanent basis, I think he could cost half a million to 1.5 mil max (if he was doing well in a run of games) at the moment but is in the last year of his contract at Spurs so that value would be less, hopefully we could sign him even for free. .

The main problem with our system and style of play is that our 2 central defenders are always going to be vulnerable to get caught on the break by speedy opponents as was shown against St.Johnstone when O'Halloran ripped through Kiernan and Wilson to score the third goal. I was actually a bit surprised Warburton didn't play Dominic Ball in that game because his speed of recovery is vastly superior to Wilson especially with his back to goal.

Danny Wilson is a fine central defender when playing in a traditional back four where the fullbacks can cover, but in our system where he doesn't have that luxury his lack of pace gets found out. I think Kiernan looks more comfortable beside Ball so it will be interesting to see if that pairing will get a run of games together as Ball doesn't deserve replacing after his performance yesterday. :pipe:

Hard to drop players in key positions when form is good,i prefer Ball to Wilson myself but it's not that i don't think Danny has lots to offer.

Hard to drop players in key positions when form is good,i prefer Ball to Wilson myself but it's not that i don't think Danny has lots to offer.

If Wilson comes back in and Ball is playing exceptionally well, don't be surprised if Kiernan is rested,because Mark Warburton insists he doesn't 'drop' players; he just "rotates the squad".

I like Danny Wilson as a player and was happy to see him back at Ibrox, but his lack of recovery pace beside Kiernan is a worry because they play too square in the system we use instead of one staying tight on the striker and the other slightly behind to sweep.

My preferred option would be a combination of Ball & Kiernan or Ball & Wilson in preference to Kiernan & Wilson when our two fullbacks are marauding high up the pitch. If we went to a standard back four then Kiernan & Wilson would handle it no problem. :pipe: