Kenny Miller Half Time

rfc1990

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was a professional footballer I probably could play for cellic and put in a solid peformance, but most importantly would never endorse their backing of the Catholic Church, or IRA, or the corruption higher up, and would have no problem letting the club and fans know that. I would also not enjoy the fact that my performance could hurt Rangers, but I would be professional.

Unlike us ordinary fans, the players themselves are in a football bubble. most Rangers and cellic players probably get along fine and are friends off the park. So within the football profession, ambition and the players and/or family's future is rightly more important, so

can understand that they can disassociate from the biases and politics behind both Old Firm clubs.

Could never ever celebrate a goal which directly affected us though.

Scott Allan is a different kettle of fish., I'd have tried to hold out for the move to Rangers, or probably walked out of Hibs, even getting legal advice on restriction of working opportunities or similar, just to get to Ibrox.

Out of interest, are there any on here who still hate that we sign catholic players, or that Mo Johnston joined us ?

I don't think we should ever sign anyone who has played for celt*c or has political leanings(James McLean).

Religion is balls anyway so I couldn't care less if they are tims or muslim.

I can take or leave Kenny. Think he has always been an average player but like that he always leaves everything out in the pitch.

However, I thought that whole interview was cringe! Talking about how much he loves us etc, a lot of pish!

YOU KISSED THE FUCKING CEPTIC BADGE!!!

No true Rangers fan would have it in them to do that!!!

Will never forgive him for that. I don't have a problem with players that are Rangers fans signing for them, it is what it is, but I do have a problem with what he did.

Superb and sadly accurate post even although he has scored 7 for us and 1 for the beggars .The images of Kenny picking up league trophy with green ribbons on it .Says it all .A football mercenary .Take him or leave him .It's my thoughts also .

And I bet you hated him for his 2 match winning braces at the piggery, so many hypocrites on here as I'm sure you would of been jumping about like a mad man when he scored them?

I was too mate and I'm big enough to say I loved every minute of it .I call him Kenny now as he has earned that but don't think we can forget Aug 2006 Especially if you were there that day and witnessed it

If your good enough to get 6.5 million at them, you'd be good enough to get even half that elsewhere. Give me that option.

Lots of players will have faced the same decision all over the world playing for their rivals, if they are a professional they just get on with their job for whoever pays them. For £25k a week or significant increase in your wages you'd be a fool to turn it down, especially if you had a family to provide for.

Kenny miller grew up a fan and lived the dream to play for Rangers, their have been many who never got the chance to play for us but did with celtic?

The cunts I despise are the ones who became celtic fans ie Dalglish , burley, lambert etc etc.

They in my book are cunts unlike miller who clearly has a passion for the club.

In world football players cross the divide it's now a big part of the game.

I can forgive miller playing for them because his goals before he was shipped to Cardiff played a major part in us winning the league.

I will be grateful to a player who played a major part in winning trophies for Rangers rather than hate him for playing with the scum.

I hated him when he signed for them when we re-signed him. But hes done plenty to redeem himself imo. He is a passionate player and was one of the few last season who gave a fuck.

If I have misremembered that, then I apologise. What I wont apologise for is not wanting to sign players who have played for them having been Bears previously. I'd also never not celebrate a Rangers goal, I'd just prefer it was someone else scoring it. I'll be glad when he finally leaves Rangers.

You should t need to apologise for that, I sung stick yer Kenny Miller up yer Arse louder than anybody.

Only on Bears Den could you start a thread slagging a Rangers player because he stated on Rangers TV "he grow up supporting the Rangers" then somehow switch to spending 2 pages slagging the gardener and 5

pages later not have a fucking clue how this thread started I love Rangers Media

I've forgave him for joining celtc, he realised himself he made a mistake. He's just a model professional and he's been absolutely fantastic for Rangers over the years, he's gave us many a good time and even when he's not on form he puts in 100%. I really hope he retires with Rangers and we give him a good testimonial, away to Wolves or something :D

has anyone posted the footage of the interview yet?

I thought he just said he grew up "watching rangers" which for me isn't the same as growing up "supporting" rangers....

he's done ok for us over the years, and looks like he can be a good influence on younger players, don't mind him being at the club (although not convinced he's got the legs for a starting place any more)

Pretty sure he said he supported us growing up in that video. In a recent interview he said:

Miller's past allegiances have never been exactly clear. He grew up in Musselburgh and made his name at Hibernian as a teenager. Didn't he support the Easter Road club as child?

"No," he replied, making it clear it is the present rather than the distant past he is only interested in discussing.

He gives you 100% and that is all you can ask for.

He supports whoever he plays for, he's got no loyalty when the money stops rolling in.

That being said he gives 100% when he plays for your club.

The same can be said for 99% of footballers. If you think the likes of Nacho Novo love us for anything other than making him a very rich young man despite limited footballing ability then you're incredibly naive imo.