Mark Burchill Is Clueless

50ShadesofBlue

Livingston manager Mark Burchill: "Did any of my players get sent off? Well, I'm happy with that.

"It's a cup tie, two teams are trying to win, there's a referee in charge. He's the boss.

"It's a very, very difficult job being a referee. The first tackle from a Rangers player should have been a yellow card and he let that go, so then you have to let a few more go. It's a difficult job and I thought he handled it well."

From BBC Sport

The first tackle from a Rangers player should have been a yellow card and he let that go

Say what? Are you on drugs son?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going forward Scotland doesn't need these type of managers. One of the reasons the game in this country is regressing.

I agree with you so much mate, he coaches his players to be hammer throwers and look at them, they're lucky if they can even get 6 passes together without losing the ball

Poland is the same size of country as Scotland yet their players have 10x more technical ability than us

Its probably something to do with nearly all managers here are like him

I agree with you so much mate, he coaches his players to be hammer throwers and look at them, they're lucky if they can even get 6 passes together without losing the ball

Poland is the same size of country as Scotland yet their players have 10x more technical ability than us

Eh? :huh: Did the Nazis or the Russians invade Poland again and steal 75% of their land? Poland is 4 times the size of Scotland and has over 7 times the population.

I'd basically agree with the underlined part though :pipe:

No it's not Poland has nearly 40 million population, Holland is nearer to us in size.

still the same principle from my post goes, other countries usually always have far more technical ability than Scotland even if they are nearly the same size.

So do Uruguay, and they have 3 million population which is 2 million less than Scotland. With 2 million less population Uruguay have Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid one of worlds finest CB's), Luis Suarez (needs no intro), Jose Maria Giminez (one of the worlds best up and coming young CBs for Atletico Madrid), Martin Caceres (Juventus Defender), Gaston Ramirez (Southampton CAM/CF), Edinson Cavani (PSG one of the worlds top 10 strikers), Abel Hernandez (Hull City Striker in english prem), Pereira (Porto Defender), Diego Forlan (a fine striker who is getting old) there is also a lot of other Uruguayan players who I don't know of but are probably technically good too

Maybe the difference in the level of technical skills with our nation could be partly because of we have a lot of Hammer Thrower managers like Burchill (Livi) who don't really have a clue in actuality compared to a real coach/manager like Mark Warburton (he used to be a coach too I am sure a youth coach, and he does his homework on it and that's part of why he is so good) who actually knows how to do training that helps the players and makes them better, instead of sending his team out and they can't even string 6 passes together without losing the ball normally, and they just tell their players to 'dig in' or stuff like that, and the standard is so poor even when they are in possession that it looks like a school match with older guys who look poor even when they are in possession of the ball, and look like they can't even control or pass the ball properly