It's Only To Be Expected.

The Educator

Given that all clubs have some right crackpots within their support I would think it it's only to be expected that sooner or later someone like Gibbons, his bald team mate or the guy who was posting the tweets mentioned in a previous thread may find themselves on the end of a right kicking. I'm not saying it's right, and I'm not saying that some one should do this. However I am saying that violence can breed violence in return.

What we were witness to last night was two assaults on the field of play which were condoned by the match officials by their lack of application of the rules of the game. So if the officials won't protect a player, and the rules do not allow the player to protect himself it's only to be expected that those who are being violent or whom may be described as advocating violence on the park may well meet with violence off it. It's fairly obvious what would have happened if Oduwa or any of his team mates had retaliated to what was going on during the game last night, the officials who seemed to be in ignorance of the rules of the game would suddenly have been cured of their self inflicted amnesia and sent Oduwa or another Rangers player off.

I personally don't condone violence off or on the park, but some might say that if you practice it then hell mend you if someone decided to level the playing field by making an example of what your type can expect in the future if this behaviour continues to happen on the pitch and is deliberately ignored by the match officials and the football authorities in this country.

There is a side to this business that has been totally ignored and that is that the two players who have been in receipt of this on field violence are you black men, yet while certain members of our society seem to see racism at every turn they don't seem to want to consider that we may actually watching it week in, week out by the way Oduwa and Zelalem have been continually on the receiving end of increasingly more brutal tackles as the season has progressed. In fact their silence is totally at odds to what their response would be if the same actions were being taken by Rangers players against others on the pitch.

While I feel the managers statements after the game were measured and we all know they have to be it is now time that the club faced this head on and tackled the football authorities about what has been going on and make it plain that if it continues that the players and the club will use every legal means possible to bring the perpetrators of such violence or incitement to book through the courts.

I don't think the thuggery dished out to our players is racially motivated as it frequently happens indiscriminatingly to all of our players although it does happen more frequently to Nathan and Gideon due to their level of skill on the ball.

I don't think the thuggery dished out to our players is racially motivated as it frequently happens indiscriminatingly to all of our players although it does happen more frequently to Nathan and Gideon due to their level of skill on the ball.

I don't actually believe it myself, the point I was trying to make in that paragraph was it would be getting portrayed that way if Rangers players were dishing that sort of treatment out to two young black players who for talking sake played in land theft green. Having said that there may well be a racial undertone involved here.

I don't actually believe it myself, the point I was trying to make in that paragraph was it would be getting portrayed that way if Rangers players were dishing that sort of treatment out to two young black players who for talking sake played in land theft green. Having said that there may well be a racial undertone involved here.

In other words if the boot was on the other foot (excuse the pun)

Point taken (tu)

Players have been booted in the Scottish game since day one, its always been a physical ( dirty ) game in Scotland. From Henderson & Johnstone to Walters & Laudrup. I believe it is magnified more on Odawa because the standard of refereeing is at an all time worse in our country. For the benefit of the game, it has to change and only the SFA can make that happen so the blame starts there. No crack pot fan should ever take it on.

Earlier in this thread I stated that I didn't honestly think that there was a racist element to what went on last night. After the statement given by Burchill on Clyde 1 I have to admit that I was wrong, there most certainly is a racist element to what went on and it came straight from the bigoted gob of Livingstone's manager.

We should play football the right way. If they want to kick lumps then let them. We'll do our talking by winning games.

Until we can't win because our best players have long term serious injuries caused by others kicking them off the park.