Sitting In The Other End

rossburns1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get a ticket for tomorrow so was thinking of just going in their end but not sure if I could hold myself back if we score etc... Anyone else doing it/done it before? is it worth the risk or should I just go to the pub

I don't mind giving the scum bags I hate money to sit in the Rangers end for Rangers games and even that's reluctantly but I'd rather go to the pub than give them more money and sit in with their fans. Not a chance. Get yourself along to your local BlueNose pub, Masonic, Bowling club, band hall, Orange hall or any good Unionist, Loyalist, Proddy or Bluenose shop and give them your cash instead.

I did it in the playoff game against Motherwell at Firpark along with a good few other bears as it was obvious early on I wasn't alone, not that there was any danger of us standing up to cheer. Don't know now but in the past if you were found out you'd get put in the right stand.

Done it in Europe but wouldn't at a domestic game.

Same, sat in the home end at Stuutgart and Osasuna, got no trouble, but wouldnt do it at a domestic match unless it was a huge game and i knew thered be loads of bears there

Many years ago my old man took me and my brother to a cup game against Dunfermline at Hampden i think. We were only kids..would be in the 80's. They had costumes on and weird accents. Luckily they didnt score so we didnt have to 'celebrate'.

We won so was all good....when i think about it now my Dad was such a muppet. Although to be fair, the hatred now is unparraled compared to the friendly banter back in the day!

My first time ever at the piggery, 1974, my old man and I were in their stand with tickets we got from a tarrier as the Bears won 2-1 with goals from Ian "Ted" McDougall and Bomber Jackson. Managed to sit on our hands and got away with it.

Tried it again in the early 80s,with my mates, too pished to keep quiet and nearly caused a riot.

I done it at sellik in 1994 we ldidn't scoe so I didn't have to run the risk of celebrating. I got talking to a guy sitting next to me, from Yorkshire on his first visit but wasn't a sellik fan He was with a relative. He liked the Rangers fans I was tempted to tell him I should be over there but decided not to. I sat amongst mother well fans at fir park once, wow the racism. Thankfully I got a move at half time after having a word with a steward.

couldn't do it myself. when ranger's score i will celebrate and nothing is gonna stop me. doing so while surrounded by that lot or while sitting among rival supporters wouldn't be such a great idea. and if someone even just said something about our team then i'd need to hit back.

even the thought of sitting there silently...nope. i'll just pay and watch it on Ranges.tv if I can't get a seat among fellow bears.